View Single Post
Old 17-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #160
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Sorry, not been on for a bit as I’m still nursing my hubby through pneumonia. He’s over the worst but still really tired. The antibiotics have finally reduced his ridiculously high temperature and his breathing is better than it was.

The mighty Bean would make a good Viking though, Clare!
I think we should make him King of the North anyway, coming from Sheffield.

Love history here! I did a family tree on my husband’s side and went back to 1492, Suze! I was so annoyed as I wanted to go back just one more generation into the reign of Richard III as I love the Plantagenet era and so wanted to say I traced an ancestor who lived through the Wars of the Roses. Just 7 years earlier!
Hope you continue to find lots of interesting things out. I uncovered the will of the last ascendant and the burial records and yet some of the more modern details were harder to source!

Gordon, I really hope things are moving now and you’ll be able to get that gallbladder out in the near future!
I’m sure the offer is still there from us all should you decide to let us whip it out for you.
Oh no sorry to hear your hubby has been so poorly, that’s not good, glad to hear he’s a little better.

I love history too, the Plantagenets are very interesting, I nearly bought a book about them last week, but had to question whether I would be able to stick with it ! I have gone back to 1510 in one tree and a very interesting character, who might be a descendant of Sir Bernard Brocos, he is buried in Westminster Abbey, but it needs quite a bit of research I think, and I don’t know where to start. It’s all very time consuming and addictive.

Gordon , it seems the offer still stands, Emma is still happy to whip it out for you

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote