View Single Post
Old 22-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #1
Laura Mac
Hatched

Red face New to Forum and going to be a Tortiose mummy soon

Hi All

My name is Laura and I live in Glasgow. I lived in Turkey for about a year and for 3 months looked after a tortoise in 2009 and have not stopped thinking about him since - Kevin.

I have now decided as I am turning 30 this year what a great excuse to buy myself a birthday present and get a tortoise - and this is where I am hoping you guys can help me.

I have been in touch with a breeder who has recommend I join this site for information but want to ask questions so I know I am making the right move.

I should be getting a 2012 hatchling spur thigh tortoise with all appropriate papers. (what does that mean by the way???)

I have been told a tortoise table with a heat lamp is the best thing to buy. Is this the case? What size table should I get?

As I live in Glasgow and is currently snowing the outdoor time will be limited which I have been told should not be a problem

Should I register him with a vet or just make sure there is one nearby and pay for any treatment?

What quantity of food is daily acceptable? and also do i just leave it in the table and clear away daily or have like meal times?

Can I have him walking around the house to stretch his legs a little when i am in?

Is bathing him twice a week ok?

Sorry I know I have a million questions but I want to make sure I am fully prepared and these silly questions are not generally answered in care sheets haha. I will no doubt think of more so watch this space but any info on the above or anything else you think I have not thought of would be greatly appreciated.
Laura Mac is offline   Reply With Quote