View Single Post
Old 14-09-2019, 07:50 PM   #45
DanielRyan9194
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClareandCo View Post
About 8", but with substrate she could be able to climb out.

I think I'd be more concerned about the dogs actually being able to get to her. There are some horrific stories of what can/does happen. What sort of dogs are they?

She needs a large deep table - a bookcase on its back or even a wardrobe. Obviously making sure the base is reinforced and lined with thick polythene or pond linder. The lights needs to be securely fitted so that she cannot reach them or there is any risk that they might fall.
So maybe about 12” with a good lip would be good, maybe even a good secure lid too.
They are two staffs. I know I have seen horrible stories! So sad when owners trust the pets to get along and when backs are turned it goes horribly wrong. The dogs would never be left alone with her (they sleep apart from each other as it is, just in case) dogs live with and have seen (from a distance and only when the dominate owner is there) 2 bearded dragons, 1 snake, fish including an outdoor pond of koi (netted over). I know the dogs but still would never trust them, just in case.
I think I’m king to look into building my own table. That way I can get it into the space perfectly. And it would definitely be raised of the floor. I’d love to look at her table and say that’s perfect for her (for now) and I made it myself.