View Single Post
Old 15-11-2011, 10:03 PM   #1
bippyolli
Egg

Default 5 year old hermans tort for re-home

Hi all

I have two torts one is 18yrs old and called Doris Daisy and the other is Myrtle turtle Tortoise.

both are rescue torts. My sister is a zoo keeper and there is an abundance of them at the zoo. However from time to time people drop more off, which they cant take in.

Doris was brought in with a badly damaged shell due to a fire. I have had her for years now and wouldnt part...she's like an ugly duckling!

However Myrtle was dropped off there, papers and all, and had no-where to live. So I took her on for a while. She was malnutritioned, in a small tank fed on ice-berg (grrrr) I have nursed her back to a decent weight and her shell has evened slightly. She spent the summer hiding in the high grass of the outdoor run and winter in a converted guinea open cage, with heat uv housing etc. Not hibernated her with doris as i felt she should feed up through another winter before this is even contemplated.

Now the reason for re-home. Doris Daisy is a bully! She wont let her feed and constantly backs her into a corner. Myrtle hasnt yet got the confidence nor the build to stand up for herself and so the only option is to separate. This is not financially viable to me at the moment so I want a forever home. I thought the asking price would see off any non serious buyers when I advertised on pre-loved however a lovely member from here soon informed me differently, apperently I am asking too little and people would snap my hand off to re-sell at 3x that

I was also very conscious of it being christmas and mummys and daddys buying for their little cherubs only for her to be last months fad in the new year!

I hopefully have attached photos... And hopefully someone will contact. She has papers and is defo a female.