Thread: Mega Ray Bulbs?
View Single Post
Old 25-02-2010, 08:24 AM   #77
yuna1971
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirkie View Post
Rach,

if you want a bulb now, go for the t Rex active uv heat 100w. I've beenrunnimg one for a few weeks and it's fine and putting out very acceptable levels of UVB without major degredation. I really hope the new 100w megaray calms the waters a bit and it has stability and a good UVB life as I still think they are the best mvb I've used in terms of what a tortoise gets out of it.

I think what would be of use are some operational parameters from the manufacturer. These are supplied with most domestic electrical items and it would be useful to have recommendations in terms of suitable fittings, ambient temperatures, storage of the bulb when not in use, etc etc. Information that may lengthen the life expectancy of the bulb.
Thanks Kirkie,
The T Rex eh?? I was gonna try the Komodo...but they are made by Westron so still bit unsure of which to try. But I trust you...so I am gonna try the one you recommended first. Excellent. Just what I wanted to hear.
With regards to my feelings on the MR. Its not that I dont think yes, they are the best bulb,that isnt in dispute for me. But like I said before - they are not at the moment, they have problems and just cant be relied on. (perhaps others are the same in that respect). Once MR sorts their problems out - maybe when they go back to the 100w, i will purchase one again, but not at this time. Just cant trust it enough. So the only option is to go for something not made by westron - and is next down the line.
Kirkie - I will google prices anyway but have you a good site where they can be bought ?
Thanks guys - as usual Paul/Alan/Dave - a wealth of fabulous information and sound discussion! xx Dont know what I would do without you!!

Lily's Movie.
http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/for...ad.php?t=68025
yuna1971 is offline   Reply With Quote