Thread: Little Unig
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2019, 07:38 AM   #10
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonelylayla View Post
I would suspect they probably were I had their parent torts separate as was not intending to breed again, but Apollo (Dad) managed to scale the 1' high divide and I didn't find him in with Layla in time! Set up the exo terra incubator, which I have had for at least 5 years, but only used a couple of times, but after a week found there was a variance between the 32 degree setting and the thermometer inside of around 10 degrees. Bought a new cheap incubator, which worked well, but suspect that the false start prevented the others from developing.
What a shame. I’ve only incubated a few times and found that the incubator definitely needs a separate digital thermometer as well and there was always a few degrees of variance.
I had three eggs from the same tort but only one was fertile and hatched successfully. Since then I’ve only had infertile eggs but I don’t intend to breed anyway.
It makes Unig even more special. Naughty Apollo!

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote