View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 09:13 PM   #5
scrambled legs
Hatched

Send a message via Skype™ to scrambled legs
Default bradley and gwendoline!

well hello there!

up next are my leopards, bradley and gwendoline.

they are almost three years old, both completely different from each other in looks and personality!

BRADLEY

bradley is very zen, a minimalistic tortoise. she is relatively calm, she eats small ammounts, but feeds a couple times daily. she really doesn't want to eat any time i put food down, bradley will wait till she's ready. she likes cooler temperatures but will effectivly journey to the warmer side of the tort table for some sunbathing. she likes to be held and will remain stationary although she keeps all limbs out and stares at the world from the view of my hands! she's different every day, sometimes she moves all day and sometimes she'll choose a sheltered place to sleep and spend time awake in. i'm a cautious parent of bradley because i've not completely worked out her character yet. i just have to reemember that she's happy and content but has her own special way of showing it!

GWENDOLINE

where do i start with this this one! gwendoline is a monster! like a vegetarian veloceraptor! sniffing out food hundreds or paces away, she will walk and try to escape wherever she is being kept all day. when we bought her, her shell was pyramiding like it is now, i understand with a healthy diet and suppliments, this will correct itself, it was just that she was so funny when we were choosing, that it didn't matter about her shell, we just had to look after her! gwendoline is a climber, i don't even know how she's managed to scale plants and bits of corkwood. In the old tortoise table they lived in, she used bradleys shell to stand on, when bradley was sitting on a big rock, to poke her head over the top of the table!! (i moved them to a new table after that day!) we have to be careful with gwens eating, she'll eat everything in her path, bradley gets no food if she's near so we seperate the torts and gwen will finish everything on her slate. i have so many great videos of gwendoline, she's given me hours of smiles, i can't wait till i move house soon to give them a permanent fixture in the garden!

cheers for looking!

Neil