View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 10:28 PM   #26
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by burnt toast View Post
Dementia is horrid! My Mom has been suffering for at least five years now & has really deteriorated, is bed ridden now, all she.Can do is eat and say the odd word.

My Dad isn't right either. He had a nasty fall about four years ago resulting in a.bleed on his brain. He has similar problems to mom, confusion, memory loss etc but also jealousy & paranoia. They need lots of support & live over an hour away, so keeping me very busy.

My Sister says my Mom would die of embarrassment if she could of seen herself the last few year's, but luckily she is un- aware. The only saving grace.
Sorry to read this, Lynn. It’s something we all hope we don’t come to and it must be terrible for early onset sufferers who are aware to start with and understand what is going to happen, but for those unaware it’s a blessing.

You must be exhausted. Hope you’re taking care of your own well-being too. x

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote