Thread: R.n.s
View Single Post
Old 30-08-2008, 02:44 PM   #5
terrypin
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
Thanks for reply, yes I know about the vets favouring vitamins as a cure all unfortunatly we have noboby in the know here ! it's normally me they all come to. my problem is I have not come accross rns in such a young tortoise and am wary of the vets dose rate for baytril at this young age, plus am at a loss as to how this one should have got it in the first place all the the other hatchlings are ok
hi to see rns in one so young without any contact from an infected animal it has to be environmental so why arent the others sick.because spurthighed are reputed to require drier conditions than other torts these youngsters can suffer from dehydration particularly when kept under heatlamps indooors some prefer to drink in a daily bath yet others refuse to drink so you need to ensure there is fresh water available at all times preferably in a container they can get right in and out themselves,do you have access to a hygrometer to accurately check the rooms humidity to confirm.you should supply a humid hide in the warmest part of the enclosure dont force them in they will seek it out if it is required.
terry