View Single Post
Old 12-04-2017, 04:57 PM   #9
Suze65
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
The new weed patch was sorted out early autumn last year and it's really done well with the seeds sown so we have a good variety in there. Every time a weed popped up somewhere I just pulled it up, roots and all, and transplanted it into the weed patch too. I'm getting my head around all the other plants in the garden now that everything is coming to life again and we have some that are edible, which is a bonus.
I'm growing mallow, nasturtium, hollyhock, teasel, evening primrose, lavatera, petunia and nemesia too, which are all for the torts really, but make the garden look pretty as a bonus.
The seeds sown in their enclosures have all done well and as ever it's the sowthistle that does amazingly well, so they have large sowthistle plants to enjoy and I won't let anyone remove the prickly sowthistle as it soon rejuvenates once I've taken some leaves from it.
It's so nice to be able to give them more of a variety again and I'm looking forward to more flowers too, to give them a change from pansies.
I've got lavatera on my shopping list and evening primrose, also globe thistle, eringium ( sea holly) and echinacea , they are all safe to eat and look really pretty. Oh I nearly forgot, holly hock too, I don't know if I will fit all of that in !

3 THB, Sammy, Jemima, & Phoebe
7 Marginated, Tabitha, Ptolome, Tatiana, Noah,Lottey, Lulu & Poppy
1 TGG (Emma) RIP Feb 2012
Suze65 is offline   Reply With Quote