View Single Post
Old 27-01-2012, 11:39 PM   #1
Kirkie
Adult

Default Wolfgang Wegehaupt - new book

Got an email from the man introducing his new book. It's likely to be in German only initially but hopefully an english translation will be available. With 1490 photos might be worth it for the pictures alone. (this is an internet translation of his email, I have to cut some that doesn't translate directly).

European tortoises, Habitat and way of life".

In the work very extensively illustrated with 1490 impressive nature shots, I will show the Habitat and way of life of European tortoises in their primary habitats.

Unfortunately, always same false information be given also in new literature, certainly from ignorance. Cropland has nothing to do with the wild and the guiding principle.
European tortoises have very specific habitat requirements without which their innate instincts and behavior patterns cannot live out.

Turtles in an almost unimaginable for us period were marked by about 230 million years to their way of life in specific areas with a very special microclimate. In these habitats, the turtles could resist all hazards and develop special mechanisms and survival strategies.

I am sure you will discover much new in this work and the nature of your turtles will better understood and thus consider some behaviors from a different perspective.

You can order this book and all my other works via the online shop of my Web site www.Testudo Farm.de
Kirkie is offline   Reply With Quote