View Single Post
Old 22-06-2014, 11:58 PM   #5
Turvy Turtle
Egg

Smile

So I have a False Map turtle

I think there may be a teeny tiny area on the next marginal scute affected too, as when you look at this area from underneath there is a pale grey area at the very edge. Only a tiny area compared to what was on the others, so maybe he won't lose anything there.

I still can't believe he has shellrot and I didn't know it . His shell had always seemed perfectly healthy, no soft areas, no white patches or other discolourations and certainly no smell How will I tell if he were to get it again? I do my best to keep his water clean, I test with an API test kit and do 25% water changes weekly and have a filter that can filter a tank 3-4 times larger than Turvy's! I'll be more paranoid than ever about shellrot now........

Is there any point in continuing with the povidone then if this is old and already healed?

He may never win any prizes from other people, but he is still the most beautiful turtle in the world to me, and both Turvy and I thank you from the bottom of our heart's for your kind advice!!

Tammy
Turvy Turtle is offline   Reply With Quote