View Single Post
Old 11-03-2013, 07:34 PM   #1
Lewis-P
Egg

Default URGENT my baby star doesnt seem to be eating and is making high pitched squeaking

Hi, i have a 8 month old indian star who currently weighs 34grams, since iv had her she hasnt eaten very much and sticks to dandelion leaves, no matter what i put down she will dig out the dandelion and if there isnt any she tends to leave it. i recently bought a bag of dried dandelion and mixed wild grass from my local reptile shop which she has walked around and over but not really eaten any of it. im worried she isnt eating enough and hasnt put on much weight as when i got her she was around 28grams.

she also seems to have her eyes closed for the vast majority of the time, even when walking around! along with the closed eyes she makes a high pitched squeaking noise from time to time which concerns me as i didnt think she should be squeaking! there is no gunk around her eyes when they are open and no mucus or bubbles around her nose so im not sure what the problem is (if any). oh and shes breathing with her mouth closed which iv read is a sign that it isnt a respiratory problem.

she also isnt pooing as much as she used to and hasnt passed any urates for quite a while either.

i keep her in a table with the tempereatures under the basking light during the day at 32-35 degrees and a cooler area at about 25-28 degrees, at night it also gets down to around 19-20 degrees which i have been told is about right.

any help will be greatly appreciated! thanks guys!!
Lewis-P is offline   Reply With Quote