View Single Post
Old 15-04-2017, 03:39 PM   #18
CherryBrandy
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suze65 View Post
I have never been able to grow nasturtium because of the blumin black fly!
It's so nice to hear what you are all growing in you're gardens.
Mine didn't come back this year so not happy !! apparently there are black nasturtiums also which may try and grow. I just get hold of the stem and then pull up towards the flower and the whole lot are pulled off - takes a while though !

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma_mcraf View Post
Is that Papa Un in the first piccie? What a look he gave you for daring to take a photo. He doesn't look amused!!
I saw a still from Ragnar's last scene!!!! I knew it was coming and how but you're going to need a stiff drink to watch it. Have you got the second part yet?
I'm happy it's Thorsday (see what I did?) as it's my Uhtred night. Favourite day of the week at the moment.

Suze, nasturtiums are a real lure to them. Such a pain as they look so nice (the nasturtiums not the pests!!). Last year I blasted them with soapy water in a sprayer and it helped loads. The trick is to get them on the stem before they set up home on the flowers and leaves. Then a good wash and rinse before feeding.
forgot about that - fairy liquid works apparently. He is tarquin ! my male Ibera - he is such a sweetie but I know my place !! And not seen Series 4 yet part one as was going to wait for part 2 ...I am not sure if I am just putting of the inevitable because in history it wasn't a nice way to go !! mind you you could see it coming back into fashion in some parts of the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan W View Post
CB - 3 great photos. You really manage to capture such interesting shots.
thanks Jan, mine haven't eaten for a few days so catching nothing at all. Suns out but suppose its just a bit too chilly CB