View Single Post
Old 12-12-2011, 11:31 AM   #20
Pussygalore
Adult

no one said it wasn't a good thing but many might be under the impression that its a food and not just a sprinkled on taster, to be honest I can't see the point. In the winter when people find it hard to find enough choice in greenery and do choose to add either a complete pellet such as exotic leaf eater or a cob or similar the product doesn't fit the need, unless you don't sprinkle it and feed it by the teaspoon as a food in which case you'd need far more than a tub. It doesn't contain any calcium or vit/minerals so can't really be called a supplement, like I said before its a treat or taste of something, not enough to be called food. If it was being sold by the bag in bigger quantities it might then be more usefull, I can buy a bag of 'baby' pre alpine which CAN be fed as a food and isn't a lot different in that its a natural product which nothing else added, it will fill a decent size tub and last for several weeks being fed a couple of teaspoons with something else or in the amounts suggested on the linked website. I'm not saying its better but it might be more suitable for those who are looking for a proper food not just a treat. I doubt that sprinkling a small amount of the product would make up a diet that is often poor in the winter months and many new or novice owners might think just that, and as it still has to be used with nutrobal or similar I'm sorry but I can't see where it fits into a diet, as a sprinkle, apart from as a treat, I'd like to know how much you'd need to feed to make a poor diet a good one, I'll bet its a lot more than a shake.

Last edited by Pussygalore; 12-12-2011 at 11:40 AM.
Pussygalore is offline   Reply With Quote