View Single Post
Old 07-03-2011, 10:11 PM   #1
**Carol**
Egg

Default Worried about my tortoise :(

I'm worried about Reggie my little 2 year old Hermanns. He had a swollen bum so we took him to the vet and she diagnosed him with worms but also MBD and so he has worm medicine we have to syringe feed him every day and also a calcium supplement to syringe feed him. He hates the syringe feeding and I hate it to cos he has such a strong little neck and I don't want to hurt him holding him too tight. He came back from the vets on friday (today is monday evening) and has only eaten a handful of dandelions since then, he will hardly look at his food. The vet told me to bathe him every day until the worms are gone and his swollen bum has gone down cos he was straining hard trying to pass anything. I have been doing so but he's not passed a single poo since he came home. Sometimes (like just now) when I'm bathing him he strains really hard and it looks like poo is coming out but then it gets sucked back in again.
Has anyone else experienced anything like this? Could it be the medication is making him constipated? any advice would be much appreciated.
Thanks,
Reggie and Carol
**Carol** is offline   Reply With Quote