Thread: honey bees
View Single Post
Old 17-07-2012, 08:49 PM   #15
natty
Egg

i dont know how its done but there are beekeepers who do remove live hives so maybe you could try contacting a different beekeeper to get a second opinion.
bees are fascinating i had an incident with a bees nest a few years ago.

my old greyhound was very ill and had no balance, he kept falling over and ending up with his feet in the air he couldnt walk at all so i tried to get him down the garden to put him in the dog run on the lawn so he was less likely to hurt himself , it took ages to get him down there and i badly needed to pee so i laid him down and went to run into the house. the only thing in the run was a small wooden guinie pig hutch and typically he decided to try and stand and fell on his head with his behind on top of the hutch . he was a very heavy dog and very gangly so it was a major effort to move him so i decided to try and slide the hutch out from underneath him i moved it and laid him flat on the grass and all of a sudden both him and me were covered in bees from head to toe in our ears and eyes every where . it was incredibly scarey but amazingly despite me just having completly destroyed there nest neither me or my old dog got a single sting . i was very surprised but also very greatfull.

so running the gauntlet might be less dangerous than you think .
natty is offline   Reply With Quote