View Single Post
Old 10-11-2019, 01:23 PM   #68
DanielRyan9194
Egg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan1 View Post
I just used topsoil, no sand, it dries out kind of like sand.

One of those £1 hand held spray bottles from Poundland type shops to spray the soil but it dries out so quickly under a lamp that it might not be worthwile spraying at that spot.

At this time of year it's not unusual for them to be much less active but make sure it's not too hot under the lamp.

Some topsoils are better than others, usually the cheaper ones are not as good but I've had broken glass in some from both B&Q and Homebase in the past, brand makes too so it can be pot luck at times

I do find some little bits that are questionable but just pick them out as I see them, I am using Topsoil from B&Q and a Coco Coir Block from Pets at Home and a bit of Moss now and it looks a lots better. Barb seems to enjoy it better now, spending more time in the heated area now.

also I have seen that tortoises can eat Timothy Hay, could I use the bail from pet stores in the hamster section, obviously in small portion to give a variety until I can grow my own stuff for her?

and can anyone recommend a pack of seeds or a site to buy different things to grow etc?