View Single Post
Old 20-03-2013, 11:41 AM   #16
Geomyda
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by turnip View Post
Ok you win i will speak to you you are all pent up about this but what myself and probably others would like to know did you actually go to the meeting and ask Ann about it
Gordon,
The question posed to Anne Rowberry date back to last autumn when the photographs from the former CARAPAX site were posted. In them, there is clear evidence of a grossly overcrowded pool of Slder terrapins.
You might be aware, that the BCG sent out over 800 red eared sliders to the site?
In answer to the question of attending the symposium last Saturday, sadly I was laid low with a confirmed case of Norovirus. I had intended going, but as the key note speaker Dr Robert Bustard, and David Bellamy did not show up I am not sure that I missed anything in particular.
This debate, is not about winning or whinging it should be about the exchange of thoughts and ideas about several important issues.
1. Who is going to clean up the biological nightmare left by the former management of CARAPAX in Italy?
2. How do we reconcile the owners whom were encouraged, often with large donation to send their pet Terrapins to the BCG Louisiana Lake in Tuscany?
3.How do we make sure that such "scams" do not get repeated?
This Forum, is titled Shelled Warriors, let's hope that the ideal of good welfare, conservation and husbandry are properly understood.