Thread: Surgery
View Single Post
Old 21-05-2019, 09:04 AM   #43
emma_mcraf
Adult

That sounds horrible.
I feel really bad for you, Gordon. It’s neverending it seems and having to go back yet again must be making you feel low.
Really hope this pocket of infection stops filling soon. I think if it carries on you could potentially ask for it to be cleaned out via general anaesthetic and then they can open it again and do a thorough clean and remove every sign of infection.
A friend had this done last summer when he had a collapsed lung. They gave him a GA to clean it all out. It might mean another night’s stay in hospital but if it saves all the to-ing and fro-ing, it might be worth asking.
I expect the antibiotics are also making you feel a bit rotten.
Take it easy and let’s hope this all clears up really soon. Will be interesting to see what the swab results are. I always get paranoid about hospitals and the amount of bugs in there. You go in for a minor op and come out full of an infection.

Good to hear the torts are doing well though.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote