Thread: Surgery
View Single Post
Old 11-12-2019, 10:14 PM   #459
emma_mcraf
Adult

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandy View Post
Its our stiff upper lip that does not allow some to snooze:0)
My husband has just had an op and I have to nag and nag for him to rest and snooze:0)
Or it could be just men:0)
My hubby could sleep anywhere at anytime.
On our honeymoon we travelled for 18 hours, of which I suspect he slept for at least 15 of them, then the time zone change took us back another 5 hours, plus I’d been awake since the previous day’s morning so it was at least 35 hours until I shut my eyes. I just wanted to sleep! He was full of beans and wanted to hit the beach.
After his cancer and radiotherapy he got worse. It is a side effect of radiotherapy but my goodness he would fall asleep at the breakfast table, in the bath, in the garden...basically, if he stopped for more than a minute or two he’d be asleep; that lasted for well beyond 18 months after his treatment, but somehow he kept awake at work when he returned.
Now it’s a running joke within the family. He has to watch most tv programmes at least twice as he usually sleeps through most of them.
No stiff upper lip stopping him from sleeping.

I think sleep is great to replenish and rejuvenate the body though. It definitely helps it to heal. I hope your hubby will manage to rest up and catch a nap, Sandy.

Keep sleeping, Gordon. You’ve missed out on so much since the first op and having that awful pump and so on, so I’m sure you’ve got months worth to catch up on.

Testudo Hermanni 5.12.2:Theo, Tamara, Tabitha, Harriet, Isabelle, Clara, Oscar, Hugo, Oliver, Florence, Arabella, Esmé, Aurelia, Felicia, Claudia, Atticus, Celestia, Amaris, Tristan and Clementine
Budgies: Jasper, Ivo, Otis, Henry, Louie and Luca
Doggies: 1.1.0 Chester and Lottie

emma_mcraf is offline   Reply With Quote