Thread: Tortoise homing
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2012, 02:51 PM   #1
tortoisea
Egg

Default Tortoise homing

I am looking for an experienced tortoise owner to take a Hermanns tortoise.
It is quite a complicated story but he came to me by a private rescue situation a few months ago.
I don't have a great deal of information other than I have been told he is a she and around four years old.
I did previously try to rehome but I could not find a suitable home so I am trying tortoise orientated forums in the hope of finding an ideal place.
I will not charge a fee but would like to find an experienced keeper that can provide a long term home
with good indoor and outdoor summer houses.
I am in the north west of England and ideally I would a home within reasonable distance so I can drop him off. I will consider the right home further away provided you are willing to at least travel part way to collect and can give assurances from other forum members that you are a responsible and knowledgable keeper.

Sorry if I sound too demanding but I don't want him to end up in a bad situation. He is safe with me but would benefit from a more permanent home with garden access.

I look forward to hearing from you, any advice with regards to homing would also be much appreciated.

A.