View Single Post
Old 06-06-2017, 07:52 PM   #4
CherryBrandy
Adult

sorry to hear this. Bubbles are an indicator all is not well. 90 - 95 is far too high for a longer sustained heat (basking), you need to aim for 87 - 89 which is 30 - 32 degrees and keep some humidity in the area. Aim around 65 - 68 %.
Respiratory disease or irritation can happen due to very dry conditions (bit like us in air con or radiator filled houses, we and they need natural free of radicals air flow). Bubbles are either (in general terms runny nose syndrome), fungal, bacterial or stress (weather ) related. squeaky clicking noise can also be a foreign body on roof of mouth so not necessarily ill health and bubbles can be generated because of inflammation. I appreciate when on anti biotics it is wise to keep the temps up and sustained but without evidence to suggest this is a bacterial, fungal or (hot dry air, and therefore stress on the immune related condition my advice would be ditch the substrate, it is lethal to small torts if they ingest (foreign body and irritation causes muscus to form), get some more natural substrate not man made and keep a cool end. My little one in sick bay, who is smaller than normal has had RNS for a year now and I am convinced it is stress (weather related) even though he gets worse outside I make sure he gets plenty of fresh , warm air which longer term is the ideal. Hope this helps, post away though for more views, CB