View Single Post
Old 18-10-2016, 12:47 PM   #2
burnt toast
Adult

I have just made new housing for a group of Russians (nearly killed me!) Long story I was let down after ordering a large kennel & with the night time temps dropping so low I decided to make my own myself! (Woman, no diy skills, "where theres a will")

So anyway I used my old favourite decking. On a lot of my other housing I have just used polystrene to insulate but when I priced up the 2" thick jablite flooring sheets I discovered the small Cellotex was on offer and working out similar price so I opted for that. If you cut it slightly larger than the gaps between the struts? (Pieces of wood inside to hold the boards together!) It just pushes home and stays in place. I then laid a floor & bottom 12 inches of walls with the boards you use for lofts (about an inch thick) and used some off cuts of this to hold the insulation on top half in situ.

I have a 2 foot tubular on a thermostat & have hung their heat lamp from a hanging baskeet bracket (from the pound shop)

Mine is just a large box with a flap/ exit at the back which leads through to a small greenhouse with very deep soil. They seem to approve.
burnt toast is offline   Reply With Quote