Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Surgery (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74960)

Gordon 04-05-2019 09:32 AM

Surgery

Well I had my operation on Tuesday about 10.30 am and was told I would more than likely be home that day, but as we know things never go like we plan and I ended up in intensive care for a night :).
They removed my inflamed gall blader along with its stones and then decide to take a bit of liver that was damaged by the raging infection I had in both over Christmas.
Anyway I'm very sore but home and ok and have to take it easy for six blooming weeks. (Can see that happening )

Suze65 04-05-2019 11:37 AM

Awww poor you, but at least it’s done now, and in a few weeks you will feel so much better. Good job it’s all out. 6 weeks of recovery is a darn sight easier to put up with than what you have been putting up with. So please take it easy. Xx

tortydat 04-05-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 676961)
Well I had my operation on Tuesday about 10.30 am and was told I would more than likely be home that day, but as we know things never go like we plan and I ended up in intensive care for a night :).
They removed my inflamed gall blader along with its stones and then decide to take a bit of liver that was damaged by the raging infection I had in both over Christmas.
Anyway I'm very sore but home and ok and have to take it easy for six blooming weeks. (Can see that happening )

Oh goodness Gordon that was quicker than you thought wasn't it? Here's to a speedy recovery and speak soon. Put your feet and get all your girls to wait on you. xx

emma_mcraf 04-05-2019 05:28 PM

Really relieved it’s over for you now Gordon. Sorry you had to have a bit of time in intensive care but I’m sure they made a suitable fuss over you! ;-)
Take it easy and hope everything heals quickly for you. The worst is over. Well done, you! :-)

Suze65 04-05-2019 05:36 PM

I’m sure he charmed all the staff

CherryBrandy 04-05-2019 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze65 (Post 676974)
I’m sure he charmed all the staff

What the surgeon!?

oooh wow, hope you are much better Gordon. try Zen Gordon, bit of gin with it it'll be fine you poor thing. CB :-|:?:?

Yvonne G 05-05-2019 03:46 PM

My husband had that surgery. From what I understand, gall bladder trouble is VERY painful. It must be a relief to have it all over and done with. Too bad you had to stay in the intensive care overnight, but thank goodness you're home now!

Gordon 06-05-2019 02:51 PM

Thank you all for your kind words.
I'm in more pain now than I was before :lol::lol::lol:
I'm sure it will get better but my insides still feel like they've been violated I thought key hole didn't include him stuffing his hand in my stomach with a boxing glove on:).

CherryBrandy 06-05-2019 03:36 PM

sounds horrendous. You are a bit like Arnie though. i'll be back stronger ...feel for you CB

emma_mcraf 06-05-2019 05:03 PM

Well, you did have the option of letting us team up and do it for you months ago... ;-) :lol:

That said, really horrible to read you’re in so much pain. Hope they’ve got you on good painkillers. Rest up and get better soon. x

Suze65 06-05-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 676990)
Thank you all for your kind words.
I'm in more pain now than I was before :lol::lol::lol:
I'm sure it will get better but my insides still feel like they've been violated I thought key hole didn't include him stuffing his hand in my stomach with a boxing glove on:).

Although it’s keyhole , they’ve still done a lot on the inside. Keep up with the pain killers and remember things can only get better from now on.

Good job it wasn’t us that did it !

mattjstar1 06-05-2019 11:49 PM

speedy recovery gordon xx

burnt toast 09-05-2019 01:09 PM

Get well soon x

Gordon 09-05-2019 03:52 PM

Well had a bit of a major problem this morning, sat on my bed after taking a shower and all of a sudden the wound above my tummy button split open and I would say the best part of a pint of infection spurted out :):)
So back to hospital and now I'm going to have to wait till the huge hole seals itself as they can re stitch it so I now have what I can only describe as a colostomy bag stuck on my tummy filling up at a rate of knots.
So lots of antibiotics and rest for me.

emma_mcraf 09-05-2019 04:37 PM

Oh no, Gordon! :-(
So sorry to hear this. Really hope they clear the infection soon and get you back home again.
Wishing you a speedy recovery! After waiting so long for this op it’s Sod’s law it’s not going to be straightforward. Hope this is the last of any more emergencies and pain for you. You must be fed right up!
Take it easy, G! x

Gordon 09-05-2019 07:40 PM

I'm home now and i have a drain bag on.
To be honest it doesn't hurt it just freaked me out when it happened and I'm glad I was home and got my girls to help finding clean absorbing stuff to put on it and we even used sanitary towels:lol::lol::lol:

emma_mcraf 09-05-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 677007)
I'm home now and i have a drain bag on.
To be honest it doesn't hurt it just freaked me out when it happened and I'm glad I was home and got my girls to help finding clean absorbing stuff to put on it and we even used sanitary towels:lol::lol::lol:

Aww, bless your girls. They’re probably glad to be able to do something practical for you and to have you home. Not sure how long you need the drainage bag in but I know people who had cloth bags to put them in after surgery to save carrying them about or catching on things when they’ve had them for a few days.
Relieved you’re not in pain but it must have been a shock when it happened. Definitely feet up time! Rest and get better soon.

Gordon 10-05-2019 12:48 PM

Well I have decided they must love me so much at the hospital they are trying everything in their powers to get me back.
Had a load of antibiotics to pick up this morning as they were out yesterday and at the top side on their prescription it says any allergies and as I am alergic to penicillin is very clearly written and low and behold the tablets they wanted me to take are bl--dy full of it:shock::shock::mad:

emma_mcraf 10-05-2019 01:12 PM

FFS!
Lucky you noticed! Hope they didn't give you any via IV yesterday when you were in hospital? :shock:
As wonderful as our NHS is, they're so blimmin' short-staffed you have to be on the ball all the time checking stuff.
Hope they get an alternative prescribed quick-smart!
Take it easy. x

Gordon 10-05-2019 04:28 PM

To be honest I wouldn't of known it was the hospital chemist that noticed and I was in ear shot when she called through to the ward to question it and she let's say wasn't impressed :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Yvonne G 10-05-2019 04:35 PM

Get well soon, Gordon. This is hard to read. I feel for you.

Gordon 10-05-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne G (Post 677013)
Get well soon, Gordon. This is hard to read. I feel for you.

I feel for me too:lol::lol::lol::lol:

emma_mcraf 10-05-2019 05:44 PM

You concentrate on taking it easy so you’ll soon be better, then you can get out in the garden to sunbathe in your thong! Might be just the occasion to treat yourself to a new one! ;-)

CherryBrandy 11-05-2019 02:41 PM

What a flipping dreadful time. You must have also picked up an extra does of humour as yours was probably wearing thin like your thong.

I hope you are going to get your daughters a donkey now. Take care Gordon, stay smiling as you do it so well, CB x

emma_mcraf 15-05-2019 09:27 AM

How are you feeling this week Gordon? Hope you’ve noticed an improvement. x

Gordon 15-05-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma_mcraf (Post 677029)
How are you feeling this week Gordon? Hope you’ve noticed an improvement. x

Quick update.
I have been in and out of hospitals this week and they seem to think it will be fine and just needs to heal from the inside out.
So I am now having it treated at the docs every day for the foreseeable future and they are saying months:shock::shock:
Also I was woken up last night in the most excruciating pain when I can only assume was a rogue stone passing through which anybody who has experienced this will tell you the pain is off the scale.

But on the bright side it's nice and warm which is good for all.

emma_mcraf 15-05-2019 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 677032)
Quick update.
I have been in and out of hospitals this week and they seem to think it will be fine and just needs to heal from the inside out.
So I am now having it treated at the docs every day for the foreseeable future and they are saying months:shock::shock:
Also I was woken up last night in the most excruciating pain when I can only assume was a rogue stone passing through which anybody who has experienced this will tell you the pain is off the scale.

But on the bright side it's nice and warm which is good for all.

Oh no! :-(
I’m really sorry to hear it hasn’t been plain sailing at all since the op. Months of treatment sounds horrific and you’re surely feeling pretty down with it all.
I don’t really know what to say as words are just that aren’t they, they do much good, but wishing you no further reoccurrences of the sudden excruciating pain and a slow but steady recovery. x

Gordon 15-05-2019 07:44 PM

Emma I'm ok but I'm fed up now so if this goes on as long as they say I will be pulling my hair out.
I am going to talk to my doctor tomorrow and see what she can do seeing as she sent me off to hospital.
She is good and will talk in normal speak not by the book doctors nonsense.

emma_mcraf 15-05-2019 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 677034)
Emma I'm ok but I'm fed up now so if this goes on as long as they say I will be pulling my hair out.
I am going to talk to my doctor tomorrow and see what she can do seeing as she sent me off to hospital.
She is good and will talk in normal speak not by the book doctors nonsense.

Well that’s good. A doc who isn’t all jargon and in a rush is a gem. Hope she can suggest something, don’t know what, but something to help you heal quicker. All the being treated daily at the doctors is so inconvenient too.
Totally understand why you’re fed up. This has been such a long road for you. I can’t believe it when we think back to Christmas! :shock: :-(

Gordon 15-05-2019 08:39 PM

There is a plus I have been treated by some very attractive ladies in nurses uniforms so for every negative there is always a posotive :-D

emma_mcraf 15-05-2019 09:46 PM

Ha ha! :lol: :lol:
Always a silver lining! ;-)

Good luck chatting to your dr tomorrow. x

Gordon 16-05-2019 11:49 AM

The Doctors are refuring me back to John Radcliffe :(:(

tortydat 16-05-2019 03:20 PM

Oh no Gordon hope that doesn't take too long. xx

emma_mcraf 16-05-2019 03:44 PM

Bummer! That’s me being polite! :-(

Gordon 19-05-2019 09:50 AM

Well I'm off to the John Radcliffe tomorrow morning to see what they can do as the wound is still leaking a lot and the hole in my opinion looks gross I will refrain from showing you all.:(

Also to everybody who has emailed and texted me and I haven't replied I'm sorry but as you can emagine I've had other things on my mind and as you know I'm very forgetful.:)

CherryBrandy 19-05-2019 10:24 AM

Who is this please?

Gordon 19-05-2019 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBrandy (Post 677047)
Who is this please?

Your not funny:)

emma_mcraf 19-05-2019 01:58 PM

Good luck tomorrow, G. x

CherryBrandy 19-05-2019 05:27 PM

A poem for Gordon
Who is so forlorn
He had his gallbladder out
And his liver sawn,

Doctor Doctor the pain in my side,
Happened a while ago I think at yuletide
Does it hurt?
Sit down say ‘aarrrgh’ and take off your shirt,

I can’t take off my shirt
For there is something very wrong
I forgot I may have
My pink mankini on,

A few weeks they said
To rest in bed
You can charm all the staff
It will only hurt when you laugh,

So he didn’t laugh for weeks on end
A speedy recovery we all did send
But before we all spoke
He was off to John Radcliffe for a quick poke,

Nasty infection and a big hole they found
Don’t move a muscle and don’t make a sound
We don’t want to see you here a- gainnne!
Least of all because we aren’t sure you are sane,

What brings us together is the Tortoise
But it is more than that I say
What Shelled Warriors has taught us (tortoise!)
Is that sharing brings happiness every day

So take it slowly,
Breathe on the day
Think of your friends
Sending their love all the way x x

https://i.imgur.com/NqyRSHDl.jpg

emma_mcraf 19-05-2019 07:03 PM

Bloody fantastic, Clare! :-D
If that doesn’t cheer you up Gordon, there’s no hope left! ;-)

I love the word play on tortoise! :lol: