Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Missing/Found/Stolen (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Stolen Hermanns, Deal, Kent (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=30224)

Dexieii 05-09-2009 04:35 PM

Stolen Hermanns, Deal, Kent

Taz my 7yr old Hermanns has been missing since yesterday evening. He was nowhere to be found when the tortoises were brought in for the night from their enclosure. Today the enclosure has been dug over thoroughly and he is confirmed missing presumed stolen.

This has been reported to the police and is being taken seriously. I am currently preparing a flyer to be distributed around the local area and will also be putting up posters. I have already called John Hayward (National UK theft register) and am taking his advice.

Can everyone in the SE corner of Kent please spread the word as I am devestated that our lad is missing and extremely worried for his safety.

angels1531 05-09-2009 07:01 PM

So sorry to hear that... hope you get him back x

justmeandmytortoise 05-09-2009 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dexieii (Post 321653)
Taz my 7yr old Hermanns has been missing since yesterday evening. He was nowhere to be found when the tortoises were brought in for the night from their enclosure. Today the enclosure has been dug over thoroughly and he is confirmed missing presumed stolen.

This has been reported to the police and is being taken seriously. I am currently preparing a flyer to be distributed around the local area and will also be putting up posters. I have already called John Hayward (National UK theft register) and am taking his advice.

Can everyone in the SE corner of Kent please spread the word as I am devestated that our lad is missing and extremely worried for his safety.

I am sorry to hear about Taz and pleased you have let John Hayward know. We have our Kent meeting tomorrow (Sunday 6th Sept) and I will mention it then. I cover the whole of Kent so will circulate. :-(

Dexieii 09-09-2009 05:54 AM

Thank you very much. Taz will be featured in the East Kent Mercury issue due out later today. I have emailed all vets I have an address for, issued posters to all local vets & pet shops and flyered the entire vicinity.

No news yet :sad:

shellonia 09-09-2009 10:40 PM

Don't give up you may well get him back.Are youy sure he didn't get out somehow?Mine wriggled through the tiniest space where the bottom of the gate on his enclosure was a bit loose.It was fastened at the top.They do go fast-mine was found after 48 hours half a mile away.Good luck with your search!

Dexieii 13-09-2009 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shellonia (Post 322650)
Don't give up you may well get him back.Are youy sure he didn't get out somehow?Mine wriggled through the tiniest space where the bottom of the gate on his enclosure was a bit loose.It was fastened at the top.They do go fast-mine was found after 48 hours half a mile away.Good luck with your search!

I wish he had as our garden is also very secure and my dogs would have found him, but the torts enclosure is concrete lined, no gaps and 4' high fencing. Still no news whatsoever :sad:

Tr@cey 13-09-2009 08:46 PM

I'm sorry to hear your news, I do hope you get him back soon.

Alistair&Robyn 23-09-2009 11:52 AM

Oh no =( I hope you get some good news soon.

tortoise lover 23-09-2009 11:55 AM

So sorry to hear your bad news,fingers crossed that you get him back.