Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Newbie Mum of two Shelled Dudes! (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74714)

ClaireG 06-02-2018 03:00 PM

Newbie Mum of two Shelled Dudes!

Hello everyone,

My name is Claire and I live in South West England. In August last year I found a brilliant local lady who breeds Mediterranean Tortoise's, (says Testudo Graeca on their little forms!) & when I went to meet them I fell in love with two!! So we brought them home and they are just adorable! My grown up daughter Hannah helped me name them, something original we thought! So, I have a two and a half year old called Stephen and his one and a half year old buddy is called Spielburg! I'm madly in love with my lil' shelled dudes and they live in my spare room a the moment while a secure outdoor enclosure is planned, then built in one of my raised beds in the garden, ready for the warmer weather. Any advice, information all newbies should know or general hellos much appreciated!!!

Thanks, Claire.:-D🐢🐢

Suze65 06-02-2018 06:32 PM

Hello Claire , welcome to the forum, please feel free to ask any questions, we will do our best to help you.

ClaireG 06-02-2018 06:52 PM

Thanks so much Suze, I will definitely be asking!!!! Lovely to be part of this community and involved with such gorgeous creatures.
:-Dx

emma_mcraf 06-02-2018 08:02 PM

Hi Claire! Welcome to the forum. I don’t think I’ve come across torts called Stephen and Spielberg before, so great original names. :lol:

ClaireG 06-02-2018 08:57 PM

Thank you Emma, their little names really suit them too!!! Being new to all of this,(including being on any type of forum), can you please tell me what all the numbers next to your gorgeous families names mean? I'm sorry if is a stupid question but I'm intrigued!!!
😀🐢🐢xx

emma_mcraf 06-02-2018 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireG (Post 674062)
Thank you Emma, their little names really suit them too!!! Being new to all of this,(including being on any type of forum), can you please tell me what all the numbers next to your gorgeous families names mean? I'm sorry if is a stupid question but I'm intrigued!!!
😀🐢🐢xx

The first number represents males, the second females and the third unknown, such as for hatchlings. :-)

Suze65 07-02-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireG (Post 674062)
😀🐢🐢xx

No question is a stupid question, we were all beginners once , and that particular one ( about numbers) used to puzzle me too, it took me ages to ask what its all about !

sandy 07-02-2018 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClaireG (Post 674056)
Hello everyone,

My name is Claire and I live in South West England. In August last year I found a brilliant local lady who breeds Mediterranean Tortoise's, (says Testudo Graeca on their little forms!) & when I went to meet them I fell in love with two!! So we brought them home and they are just adorable! My grown up daughter Hannah helped me name them, something original we thought! So, I have a two and a half year old called Stephen and his one and a half year old buddy is called Spielburg! I'm madly in love with my lil' shelled dudes and they live in my spare room a the moment while a secure outdoor enclosure is planned, then built in one of my raised beds in the garden, ready for the warmer weather. Any advice, information all newbies should know or general hellos much appreciated!!!

Thanks, Claire.:-D🐢🐢

If you can post a picture,we can ID exactly what species you have:0)
As testudo graeca covers quite a few sub species:0)

Jan W 07-02-2018 05:42 PM

Welcome to the forum.

Ask lots of questions.

It is a great place to learn, there are so many experts and more than that, their experiences provide lots of choices.

Ozric Jonathan 12-02-2018 12:11 AM

And a warm welcome from me too Claire.

I find my tortoises really show their true selves when they are outdoors.

Stephen (and) Spielberg are going to just love it outside!