Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   hello new to the forum! (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74196)

MyrtleTurtle 19-09-2016 05:10 AM

hello new to the forum!

Hi I'm a new shellhead. Excited to read the forums and speak with you all!

emma_mcraf 20-09-2016 02:48 PM

Welcome to the forum! What species of tortoise do you have?

CherryBrandy 20-09-2016 05:52 PM

MyrtleTurtle welcome, have fun ! CB

emma_mcraf 20-09-2016 07:04 PM

Got to say that MyrtleTurtle is a cracking forum name. I keep wanting to say it in a Cornish accent....been watching too much Poldark methinks!! :lol:

Jan W 20-09-2016 07:50 PM

Welcome.

Look forward to some tort photos.

Suze65 21-09-2016 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma_mcraf (Post 668325)
Got to say that MyrtleTurtle is a cracking forum name. I keep wanting to say it in a Cornish accent....been watching too much Poldark methinks!! :lol:

Why Cornish ? Hello and welcome myrtle.
Having said , I do find my self saying a lot in a West Country accent, living in Wiltshire, it rubs off on you after a while

CherryBrandy 21-09-2016 05:40 PM

Hampshire Hog accent too. I love Norfolk accent...Vera.....you alright pet mootletootle goode nim. CB

emma_mcraf 21-09-2016 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze65 (Post 668350)
Why Cornish ? Hello and welcome myrtle.
Having said , I do find my self saying a lot in a West Country accent, living in Wiltshire, it rubs off on you after a while

No idea why Cornish, Suze!! I do a great broad Devonshire accent when I wind up the kids though. Always threatening to introduce myself to their friends/colleagues, etc that way. I'm a wicked woman!!
I just feel an inclination to say Myrtle Turtle like Prudie from Poldark.

Suze65 21-09-2016 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma_mcraf (Post 668361)
No idea why Cornish, Suze!! I do a great broad Devonshire accent when I wind up the kids though. Always threatening to introduce myself to their friends/colleagues, etc that way. I'm a wicked woman!!
I just feel an inclination to say Myrtle Turtle like Prudie from Poldark.

Il also a bit wicked when it comes to accents, my mum and dad are from Bolton, which is a broad round Lancashire accent ( think Fed Dibner) so I grew up doing it rather well, much to everyone's amusement. I'm not good at a lot of things but, I'm very good at British regional accents. I have a wicked inclination to say a lot of things in a Cornish accent, and Birmingham, and Liverpool, no offence to people from these places, I think they are brilliant accents, I love our regional accents.
Wasn't Prudie marvellous last Sunday, " I'll batter im down slithery slathery lane" ��

emma_mcraf 21-09-2016 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze65 (Post 668362)
Il also a bit wicked when it comes to accents, my mum and dad are from Bolton, which is a broad round Lancashire accent ( think Fed Dibner) so I grew up doing it rather well, much to everyone's amusement. I'm not good at a lot of things but, I'm very good at British regional accents. I have a wicked inclination to say a lot of things in a Cornish accent, and Birmingham, and Liverpool, no offence to people from these places, I think they are brilliant accents, I love our regional accents.
Wasn't Prudie marvellous last Sunday, " I'll batter im down slithery slathery lane" ��

Glad it's not just me!! :lol:
Prudie was brilliant on Sunday!!

I'd love to hear Aidan talk more often in his Irish accent though. I don't know if he's done much acting using his own accent.