Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Sun and snow! (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74730)

Jan W 17-03-2018 12:58 PM

Sun and snow!

Yesterday I was going to tell you how the torts raced to go through the door to go outside for the first time. It was so sunny and they headed straight to the warm area and spent time under the plastic roofing. Bertie decided he was staying out last night and found a great sheltered spot. However, with the predicted temperatures I took him back to his indoor house.

Now today - currently it is snowing heavily. Very chilly with the wind chill factor. I need to get my thermals out again!

What crazy weather.

sandy 17-03-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jan W (Post 674289)
Yesterday I was going to tell you how the torts raced to go through the door to go outside for the first time. It was so sunny and they headed straight to the warm area and spent time under the plastic roofing. Bertie decided he was staying out last night and found a great sheltered spot. However, with the predicted temperatures I took him back to his indoor house.

Now today - currently it is snowing heavily. Very chilly with the wind chill factor. I need to get my thermals out again!

What crazy weather.

Same here Jan, typical english weather:0)

CherryBrandy 17-03-2018 02:47 PM

blizzard here , got boots and woolly hat on indoors ! had to bring everyone in and they are not happy bunnies, CB

emma_mcraf 17-03-2018 05:37 PM

Sleet and snow here but the clouds are looking full of heavier snow to fall this evening and through the night.
I have behaved and not whipped myself up into a storm this time to create so many blizzards, so with no Storm Emma in play I think it'll all be back to normal again by Tuesday and we can look forward to spring arriving in full swing. I reckon if March has a sting in its tail, and a snowy sting at that - we're in for a good summer. Well, positive thoughts and all that!! :lol:

Gordon 18-03-2018 07:46 AM

Well we have a good covering today so don't think any torts will be going out today :(

tortydat 18-03-2018 10:36 AM

Have woken up to a good covering of snow which is strange as when everyone else had it so bad the other week we hardly had any! It can go away as soon as it comes as far as I'm concerned!

emma_mcraf 18-03-2018 12:30 PM

It started snowing heavily around 9pm last night and we woke to a decent amount. It's now snowing very heavily and forecast to all day. We had our fun in it at the start of the month. Now we're just watching it out the window and staying indoors. Very pretty to look at but I hope it thaws quickly tomorrow so people can commute safely.

Alan1 18-03-2018 02:51 PM

our snow from the first beast from the east had not even gone now we have another 3 inches on top of that

Jan W 18-03-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alan1 (Post 674317)
our snow from the first beast from the east had not even gone now we have another 3 inches on top of that

Oh my goodness!

You must think we are so soft down here......

Keep warm.

Suze65 19-03-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma_mcraf (Post 674300)
Sleet and snow here but the clouds are looking full of heavier snow to fall this evening and through the night.
I have behaved and not whipped myself up into a storm this time to create so many blizzards, so with no Storm Emma in play I think it'll all be back to normal again by Tuesday and we can look forward to spring arriving in full swing. I reckon if March has a sting in its tail, and a snowy sting at that - we're in for a good summer. Well, positive thoughts and all that!! :lol:

I like your thinking, let's hope for a decent summer, you never know it might happen ! I've been in Lincolnshire this weekend and it was blowing an absolute freezing hooly across the field behind us and quite literally the blizzards (which kept on all day) were horizontal. We should have come home on Sunday, but had to delay until today.