Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Weather (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74610)

CherryBrandy 18-09-2017 01:39 PM

looks like there was nearly snow in Scotland ! It is mega sunshine here today and I had taken day off to pack them up and now spent the morning rearranging again.

Does keeping them under lights work at all outside because mine are pretty much hot today and they are still burrowing down... can't stop nature I suppose with the nights drawing in. I wish we could have the seasons back though as usually September is stunning introduction to Autumn, CB

sandy 18-09-2017 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBrandy (Post 673066)
looks like there was nearly snow in Scotland ! It is mega sunshine here today and I had taken day off to pack them up and now spent the morning rearranging again.

Does keeping them under lights work at all outside because mine are pretty much hot today and they are still burrowing down... can't stop nature I suppose with the nights drawing in. I wish we could have the seasons back though as usually September is stunning introduction to Autumn, CB

Mine have the heat on from 7 - 2pm and dont really get up, unless the sun comes out and makes the GH really hot. They know its going to get colder and colder.
The only worry is, if we suddenly have an indian Summer like we have in the past this time of the year:0(

summerangel 18-09-2017 09:58 PM

Mine don't seem to want to do much. It was fairly warm today but not enough to make them go outside, they stayed in the greenhouse.
At least it wasn't raining here today!

tortydat 19-09-2017 09:57 AM

Fantastic sunshine today and so I have opened all their houses but I bet it will only be the Hermanns that venture outside to eat!

CherryBrandy 24-09-2017 04:03 PM

most made an appearance yesterday and today - 4 degrees in the week min and 48 max yesterday in the greenhouse. just one has eaten ! always one isn't there !

copol 05-10-2017 12:30 AM

Fall and spring are the best time of the year for me! Lovely weather!

Jan W 06-10-2017 08:24 PM

I had to scrape ice off the card windscreen this morning!

Otherwise, wonderful full moon and clear sky early this morning at 6.

CherryBrandy 14-10-2017 03:53 PM

48 in the greenhouse ! not much sun but warm enough for tshirts and shorts again ! even bought some flowers and potted up ! CB

sandy 14-10-2017 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBrandy (Post 673182)
48 in the greenhouse ! not much sun but warm enough for tshirts and shorts again ! even bought some flowers and potted up ! CB

I cant believe I have strawberry plants outside flowering:0)
And I ate the last raspberry growing today:0)

Suze65 15-10-2017 09:00 AM

Topsy turvy weather , I won't be putting my torts out, I want to keep them cool, I don't want them to start eating again !