Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Hello! (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74862)

Andy_Hal 23-08-2018 11:20 AM

Hello!

Hi, I'm Andy from West Yorkshire.
I have recently bought myself a horsefield tortoise, he still remains nameless at the moment (and genderless too to be honest).
I have a few questions but I will post them in the relevant threads.

sandy 23-08-2018 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_Hal (Post 675644)
I have recently bought myself a horsefield tortoise, he still remains nameless at the moment (and genderless too to be honest).

Welcome to this site:0)
Choose a non generic name, as you will feel odd calling a female fred or a male sophie:0)

emma_mcraf 23-08-2018 02:19 PM

Welcome, Andy! :-)

Andy_Hal 23-08-2018 02:35 PM

Thanks, yes I've being racking my brains trying to come up with something clever, but I'm struggling.
Although I do think it would be quite comical calling a female bob or fred if it turned out that way. Could always change it to Bobbete ha.

tortydat 23-08-2018 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_Hal (Post 675644)

Hello and welcome Andy.

Alan1 23-08-2018 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_Hal (Post 675657)
Thanks, yes I've being racking my brains trying to come up with something clever, but I'm struggling.
Although I do think it would be quite comical calling a female bob or fred if it turned out that way. Could always change it to Bobbete ha.

We have 2 females, Rodney and Reg :roll::mrgreen:

Jan W 23-08-2018 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andy_Hal (Post 675657)

We had a chick that was called Isabella. She turned out to be a he, so called Izzy for short. Children could not understand what the problem was calling a male Isabella. So right. They are being brought up in a gender neutral age. Interesting that Izzy is gender neutral as he keeps making nests!

CherryBrandy 27-08-2018 06:23 PM

hi Andy from west Yorkshire. do people say west Yorkshire as opposed to Yorkshire? Is that countryfile for you? Welcome , and horsey fieldii and post lots !! CB

emma_mcraf 27-08-2018 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryBrandy (Post 675682)
hi Andy from west Yorkshire. do people say west Yorkshire as opposed to Yorkshire? Is that countryfile for you? Welcome , and horsey fieldii and post lots !! CB

Yorkshire just sounds like Sean Bean to me. :-D :-D :-D

Andy_Hal 28-08-2018 02:13 PM

Hi, yes I think we do actually, not sure why. Maybe due to it being the biggest county.
Haha, can't beat a bit of Sean Bean! Although he is south Yorkshire, ya b*st*rd!