Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Feedback/Suggestions/Problems (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=27)
-   -   Post rating system (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=71117)

Ozric Jonathan 03-03-2014 01:45 PM

Post rating system

Some forums have a rating system which allows other users to give a verdict on a post and comment specifically on the value of that post and enter a few words about why they have rated it the way they have.

This provides for situations where people who don't know much about a subject just reply anyway. Possibly because they are not aware of their limitations or simply for something to do.

Usually the forum has moderation on the rating system. So anyone can submit a rating and comment but it only goes on the forum if the moderator approves it. On forums where this works well, newbies can see at a glance if posts contain advice or ideas that are worthwhile or not.

I don't know if anything like this would work on SW but it is really useful on another forum that I go on (which is not to do with pets).

Now that we rarely have any decent arguments on here, this would give the moderators something to do.

I haven't really thought this through and it's just a post I'm sticking up whilst I eat my lunch at work in front of a PC. How would you rate this post?

becciwales 03-03-2014 01:57 PM

I think this could have some merit. It would certainly be helpful to new comers into the world of tortoise keeping and newbies on SW, the longer you are here, the more you get to know those that give good advice and those that don't.

But, in the event of a problem early on, you would easily be able to see the right course of action and not stress over conflicting info.

Though, I can see opposition to this and arguments as to people's ratings, but I'd appreciate knowing if I'm giving good advice or not as I only tell what I do, then I'd know if I'm doing it right too :-)

alley cat 03-03-2014 02:45 PM

Isnt that what the Rate This Thread thing is for just above your post!!?

becciwales 03-03-2014 02:49 PM

Well, I have never noticed that before!! :oops: :lol::lol:

alley cat 03-03-2014 03:07 PM

Ha ha I just rated this thread as 'Terrible' :lol::lol:

becciwales 03-03-2014 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alley cat (Post 633059)
Ha ha I just rated this thread as 'Terrible' :lol::lol:

:lol:

Maybe he means rating individual posts rather than the whole thread though?

:lol:

alley cat 03-03-2014 04:33 PM

Maybe :grin::grin:

Suze65 03-03-2014 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alley cat (Post 633052)
Isnt that what the Rate This Thread thing is for just above your post!!?

I've never seen that before, der :oops:

Suze65 03-03-2014 06:06 PM

Jonathan it might start a decent argument ;)

becciwales 03-03-2014 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mediterraneansuze (Post 633078)
I've never seen that before, der :oops:

Glad it wasn't just me!! ;-)