Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Caresheets/Links/Books (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Testudo Weight Recorder with Jackson calculation and graphs (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=49144)

houseofcutler 29-03-2012 11:57 AM

Testudo Weight Recorder with Jackson calculation and graphs

After CrazyChris2409 pointed out a spreadsheet that could be used to record weights and measurements this gave me the idea to create my own, thanks Chris.

This spreadsheet will:
  • Calculate your tortoises age
  • Calculate the Jackson Ratio score
  • Colour code the Ratio scores - Red Amber Green
  • Tell you the current Ratio description - e.g safe to hibernate
  • Graph your tortoise weight over time
  • Graph your tortoise SCL over time
  • Graph your tortoise Jackson ratio over time

If you want to record weights for multiple tortoises just right click on the weight recorder tab and select move/copy and choose to make a copy of it.

I realise this has probably all been done before by other people but I felt like flexing some Excel skills so knocked this up.

It should work in any version of Microsoft excel - 2000,2003,2007,2010

You can download it here

http://i137.photobucket.com/albums/q...Recorder-1.png
By the way the measurements and weights in the picture are just made up - Vincent is much more natural in real life ;-)

Xero 29-03-2012 02:19 PM

Sounds good, ill have a look at it when I get home.. I'm pretty sure the Jackson ratio isn't for horsfields but will be ok as a rough estimate .. Thanks

houseofcutler 29-03-2012 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero (Post 535420)
Sounds good, ill have a look at it when I get home.. I'm pretty sure the Jackson ratio isn't for horsfields but will be ok as a rough estimate .. Thanks

Thanks - I like it 8-)
Well if there are any other ratios for other tort species I can easily put them into another version of this - just need to tell me where to find the details about them and I'll happily do it

Watermelon 29-03-2012 06:02 PM

Thanks I've downloaded this will give this a try tomorrow! :)

Does excel just work out the jackson ratio itself then?

houseofcutler 30-03-2012 09:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Watermelon (Post 535441)
Thanks I've downloaded this will give this a try tomorrow! :)

Does excel just work out the jackson ratio itself then?

Yes - all the colour coding and calculations are automatic. All you have to do is enter: tortoise name and DOB then the date, SCL and the weight for the readings :cool:

Just delete the stuff thats already in there and put in your own details and data

Andyb 30-03-2012 11:27 AM

Hope you don't mind I have downloaded this and put our two's details in already, my daughters like it as well!

houseofcutler 30-03-2012 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andyb (Post 535548)
Hope you don't mind I have downloaded this and put our two's details in already, my daughters like it as well!

not at all its here for people to use if they want - if you have nay problems with it or can suggest any improvements please let me know

nooddle 30-03-2012 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by houseofcutler (Post 535422)
Thanks - I like it 8-)
Well if there are any other ratios for other tort species I can easily put them into another version of this - just need to tell me where to find the details about them and I'll happily do it

I believe the McIntyre ratio is the one for horsfields. Thanks so much for sharing, that is great! :razz:

natty 07-04-2012 04:57 PM

id definatly like one i could use for my horsefields , i battled to get them up to a good weight for there length and i think we are finaly there now more or less although i will need an expert to check for me since i seem to get different answers according to what i read . probably because my maths sucks .

houseofcutler 07-04-2012 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by natty (Post 536885)
id definatly like one i could use for my horsefields , i battled to get them up to a good weight for there length and i think we are finaly there now more or less although i will need an expert to check for me since i seem to get different answers according to what i read . probably because my maths sucks .

I've been looking at the Macintyre ratio and how to transfer it into a formula but from what I can tell there isn't an exact formula as I think it is just based on actual readings plotted on a graph. I started to work out a ratio based on this myself but its on my work laptop. Hopefully I will be able to include something soon.

Of course if anyone has any formulas they use themselves they would like to tell me about I can easily drop them into the spreadsheet. ;)