Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   The weather (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=73148)

Daryn 03-07-2015 11:11 AM

The weather

WOW this weather is amazing I hope it stays like this for a couple of months, even the storms are fantastic.

Late yesterday we had an amazing rain storm, Wednesday I was sat in the garden at 1am watching lightning over the sea but mostly that lovely sunshine. Ihavent booked a holiday this year and dont think I will bother TBH, the costs have soared this year but we dont need it if we maintain the weather we already have here in the UK. A few trips to the Lakes may be in order.

yuna1971 03-07-2015 11:14 AM

I guess it's ok ...yep I reckon I'm one of the few that dislikes the heat. Saying that, at least there's some breeze today - the other day was stifling. There's nothing I hate more than dripping with sweat, all humid, no breeze and hot n bothered.
I like sunny fresh days. I love thunderstorms but in bristol we always seem to miss them!
Enjoy the sun all...meh:(
xx:)

yuna1971 03-07-2015 11:15 AM

Not to mention at night when you can't sleep due to the heat...
I'm moaning sorry lol xx:D

Ozric Jonathan 03-07-2015 11:22 AM

We haven't had the extremes here in the west of scotland. Some days have been very warm but dull. Today is actually sunny right now and over 20C so that's a nice one right there!

sandy 03-07-2015 01:25 PM

Just the heat in my part of Kent, sadly no rain.
Its even too hot for the tortoises:0)

Catwoman63 03-07-2015 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yuna1971 (Post 655067)
Not to mention at night when you can't sleep due to the heat...
I'm moaning sorry lol xx:D

I'm like you Rachel, a nice 24c with a light breeze, not stifling 30-36c sweaty heat and no sleep x

Suze65 03-07-2015 08:15 PM

Didn't get much rain yesterday , I was a bit disappointed , I hope we get a storm tonight, but I am enjoying some summer at last.

Stellanne 03-07-2015 08:56 PM

Oh boy.... Too hot and too much humidity.......it's like the menopause all over again!!! Glowing ( not sweating cos horses sweat) ...and ladies 'glow' ..... X x x hugs x x

Suze65 04-07-2015 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze65 (Post 655121)
Didn't get much rain yesterday , I was a bit disappointed , I hope we get a storm tonight, but I am enjoying some summer at last.

Blimey did we get a storm or what last night , it was a hum dinger, lightening like you wouldn't believe and thunder to match, and when I thought it couldn't rain any harder, it did 😳 I should be careful what I wish for next time 😂

emma_mcraf 04-07-2015 02:40 PM

Nothing here. :(
I love a good thunderstorm when I'm tucked up in bed.
It's beautiful here today. I've just finished some work online, picked my son up from work and am planning on finally getting around to taking my book outside this afternoon to soak up some rays alongside the torts who've been out all day.
There's a lovely breeze so it's really nice. :)