Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Introduce Yourself (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=26)
-   -   Saying Hi to everyone. (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=1748)

fancyfoot 02-10-2006 01:16 PM

Saying Hi to everyone.

Hi everyone, I've just joined so I thought I'd say HI. So here I am saying HI :lol: I found you guys as I've bought some seeds from ebay. I also belong to TF group and TT. but I am a nightmare for keeping up to date with the posting/ messages. So if you could all write a little slower it would help as I don't read very fast -Ta! :? I currently have 7 tortoises, all Ibera's. 2 are old men, I is sub adult, 1 juvi, and 3 are babies - (2 x 2 months 1 x 3 mths). I also have 4 cats, 1 dog, and a tank of tropical fish. When my 4 children lived at home we kept, snakes, lizards, rabbits, guinea-pigs, hamsters -both russian and siberian, gerbils, chickens, stick insects, land snails, cold water fish. other cats and dogs - all have sadly passed to the happy hunting ground in the sky through old age/medical conditions. So we had a very busy household and I was a registered child minder and foster parent and adopted 2 children as well. Nine yrs ago I had a road accident which resulted in me having my right- below knee- leg amputated, my husband of 25 yrs couldn't cope with this and a housefull of teenage children so he departed for a quieter life in Cyprus. I then met Graham who wasn't quite sure what he'd got himself into -and still isn't I don't think even 7 yrs on. :o But he is brilliant - made a lovely tortoise table for the little guy we re-homed in February, which is now for the babies. Well, we had to get some babies to make use of the table he's made :wink: . The young tort we rehomed will be having his first hibernation this year. (His previous owner didn't think he'd like it so had never hibernated him for 6 yrs.) :roll: Well thats a bit about me, Oh, I've just had birthday number 49! Hope to get to know you all over the next few...... years :lol: , take care Karen aka fancyfoot.

yam yam 02-10-2006 01:20 PM

hello a warm welcome what a busy house you have their are lots of friendly members on here with loads of advice when you need it :D

Glitter 02-10-2006 01:45 PM

Hi Karen

Wow... what a lot of info... thanks for sharing it with us all.

I'm still a relative newcommer to this site (approx 2 months) and love it.....you will too.

Take care for now

aprillinda 02-10-2006 02:01 PM

Hi karen :D :D

a big warm welcome

go on get that camera out :lol: would love to see some pictures

linda x

Becks 02-10-2006 02:07 PM

hello and welcome to the forum luv becks xxxxxxxxxx

Henry-flash 02-10-2006 03:49 PM

Welcome to the forum.I hope you enjoy yourself here. I certainly do :D

Fallen Angel 02-10-2006 04:12 PM

Hi Karen a big warm welcome for you and Graham and of course the children and pets that keep you so busy nice to cyber meet you and take care x Nicky

Eire_Ade 03-10-2006 01:45 AM

Hi Karen,

Welcome aboard Fancyfoot, wow what a post.

Glad you found us, looking forward to getting to know you too.

Ade :D

mango 03-10-2006 10:26 AM

Hi ya! :D I'm in Sussex too!

veebee 03-10-2006 12:32 PM

Hi Karen, cant wait to see a few pics!!! I'm sure you'll have a good time on here!!!

Vivienne