Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Where to Buy and Bargains (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   What lamp (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=73327)

Arcadiajohn 19-08-2015 03:48 PM

Nope, not till later this week :-) but it is REALLY cool!

CherryBrandy 19-08-2015 06:06 PM

oh no - I have never done facebook or twitter so you need to post too - at the same time !! is it a bulb that makes a cup of tea at same time ! I don't want a let down !!! CB

4chester 19-08-2015 06:25 PM

Have you managed an led bulb that gives out the right uv levels, coz that be mega impressive

Ozric Jonathan 19-08-2015 06:31 PM

I have to admit that arcadia have brought out some good stuff in the last year or two and I'm going to check out their facebook page.

Arcadiajohn 20-08-2015 12:40 PM

Sorry guys I am going to have to drag the news back by just one week :-(

Politics you see, but next Friday we will release the news, followed by a brand new video on our Vimeo channel.

I will however confirm that we will be launching 4 new or updated product groups.

4 of which will be key to our goals of "wild re-creation" and includes more than one line that tortoise keepers will love I am sure!

The other 3 lines are VERY exciting indeed for tort keepers and trying not to sound all "sales" which I am not,, will be a game changer for torts!

So sincere apologies to hold it back for just a week, but will be worth the wait!

John

yuna1971 20-08-2015 12:58 PM

Lol...John you shameless plugger! xx:lol:

Ozric Jonathan 20-08-2015 03:55 PM

Rach I agree with you! But John is also great at coming on to reply to questions and giving us insights that come from the science and research that the company does.

When the T5 tubes came out it really was a game-changer, well for me anyway.

So I'll be tuning in to see what's coming.

Also I can't resist a gadget. Which reminds me that I've got a fancy Microclimate thermostatic timer-controller which I haven't even set up yet.

CherryBrandy 20-08-2015 04:40 PM

one minute we had less than 24 hours to go and now a whole loooong rainy week to go ! I have a dimming thermostat and wonder : -

1) are they old hat now ?
(or will be.....)
2) I have never used on an Arcadia D3 as to worried it will blow it - is that a right assumption in terms of the warming up cooling down elements in the bulb... views gratefully received CB

yuna1971 20-08-2015 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ozric Jonathan (Post 657404)
Rach I agree with you! But John is also great at coming on to reply to questions and giving us insights that come from the science and research that the company does.

When the T5 tubes came out it really was a game-changer, well for me anyway.

So I'll be tuning in to see what's coming.

Also I can't resist a gadget. Which reminds me that I've got a fancy Microclimate thermostatic timer-controller which I haven't even set up yet.

Absolutely. I agree Jonno. I appreciate all the advice AJ gives on the products. We are lucky he's a part of our SW community. xx:)

Arcadiajohn 20-08-2015 05:22 PM

These new lines are not control systems so please don't concern yourself there, but... NO combi type lamp can be stat controlled, it simply will not work.

I'm itching to spill the beans but cannot as yet :-(

Ohh..ok one product is an organic pre-mineralised bio-active substraight but honestly that's all I can say today. This will be called Arcadia Reptile "EarthMix" and is about the most versatile and safest floor covering ever. Our tort just digs and digs in it.

John