Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Edible Weeds, Diet & Suppliments (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   My tort wont eat Komodo food (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=51394)

animalmad 04-08-2012 10:49 AM

My tort wont eat Komodo food

Hi Guys and gals
ive brought some Komodo fruit and flower flavour food for Tim as i thought it might be useful to give him some once weekly to make sure he is getting a balanced diet. When winter comes and weeds become harder to find i assumed i might need to feed it more (as this is my first year with him)

The problem is i soak the pellets and he just won't touch them, ive tried to hand feed but he isn't interested,, has anyone got any ideas of how to temp him to try them??

:idea: please

Rowan 04-08-2012 10:54 AM

You could always try squeezing cucumber juice on them. If you have a garlic crusher mush some cucumber through it and see if that helps?

Good Luck!

animalmad 04-08-2012 10:56 AM

thanks Row ill give that a try

Alan1 04-08-2012 11:11 AM

mine won't eat the green ones and not that keen on the red ones either. I won't be getting it again. Lynne is selling her excess Mazuri Exotic Leafeater, my torts like that and the Exo Terra Adult stuff and T-Rex dry formula. T-Rex is becoming hard to get for some reason

burnt toast 04-08-2012 03:10 PM

You could also try squeezing some fresh or tinned tomatoe juice on them if the cucumber doesnt work.

EJ 04-08-2012 03:57 PM

T-Rex has been kinda forced out of the UK market... shame.

Quote:

Originally Posted by caledonia (Post 559077)
mine won't eat the green ones and not that keen on the red ones either. I won't be getting it again. Lynne is selling her excess Mazuri Exotic Leafeater, my torts like that and the Exo Terra Adult stuff and T-Rex dry formula. T-Rex is becoming hard to get for some reason

16 shells 04-08-2012 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by animalmad (Post 559072)
Hi Guys and gals
ive brought some Komodo fruit and flower flavour food for Tim as i thought it might be useful to give him some once weekly to make sure he is getting a balanced diet. When winter comes and weeds become harder to find i assumed i might need to feed it more (as this is my first year with him)

The problem is i soak the pellets and he just won't touch them, ive tried to hand feed but he isn't interested,, has anyone got any ideas of how to temp him to try them??

:idea: please

Feeding idea's for new food's. One way is to offer very small amount's daily of pellet's, till excepted (reducing waste/cost) and limiting the usual diet. Adding juice as been said also, it can be a case of just getting used to a new thing :D.

EJ 04-08-2012 06:24 PM

Try mango or bannana baby food mixed in and see what happens.

pagan queen 04-08-2012 06:49 PM

Mix them in with the weeds for a while. Both my torts love Komodo.

Easter Bunny 04-08-2012 07:32 PM

Mine don't like komodo either.
They do really like the exotic leaf eater though. I could send you a sample to try if you would like, just p.m me your address x