Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Ibera (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=75014)

sandy 08-03-2020 02:01 PM

Ibera

My first ibera is up, she popped up early this morning, I left her a few hours to get warmed up a bit. She is now well soaked and back in the GH. I have left some weeds, but not expecting her to eat so soon, but you never know:0)
Four to go, two more have poked their heads through the soil, but not completely up yet:0)

emma_mcraf 08-03-2020 04:03 PM

Spring must be coming. I bet it’s lovely to see them again. :-)

sandy 08-03-2020 04:09 PM

She has now eaten a few bits of weeds:0)

tortydat 08-03-2020 04:21 PM

Lovely to see the sunshine today but so far none of my iberas are up just three Horsfields and one Hermann so far.

emma_mcraf 08-03-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandy (Post 678268)
She has now eaten a few bits of weeds:0)

How long was she down? I bet she’s starving now she’s warmed up.

sandy 08-03-2020 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma_mcraf (Post 678271)
How long was she down? I bet she’s starving now she’s warmed up.

She has been down since late October:0)

emma_mcraf 08-03-2020 05:51 PM

With all the rain we’ve had I think there’s going to be plenty of weeds this spring. My outside enclosures are covered through the winter but I can see they have sowthistle and cats ear forests inside.

sandy 09-03-2020 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma_mcraf (Post 678273)
With all the rain we’ve had I think there’s going to be plenty of weeds this spring. My outside enclosures are covered through the winter but I can see they have sowthistle and cats ear forests inside.

Its hard to believe some are saying they cant find weeds, as we have had a wet mild Winter:0)
I have plenty of weeds too:0)

Gordon 09-03-2020 02:49 PM

Well I let the Burmese browns out yesterday and they went straight for some long grass I had left and never touched any of the weeds which really surprised me as I have an abundance of sweet thistles growing which normally they eat off to the ground.

emma_mcraf 09-03-2020 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandy (Post 678279)
Its hard to believe some are saying they cant find weeds, as we have had a wet mild Winter:0)
I have plenty of weeds too:0)

The wild geranium has gone mad already. It can be so invasive that I try to keep on top of it, but we have it in all parts of the garden here and the torts love it luckily. It’s great for ground cover but it soon rampages through the other perennials if I don’t keep pulling it out. If it wasn’t for the torts I’d dig it up but it’s very easy to feed it to them as part of their diet from early spring right through to mid-autumn. As long as I mix in a variety of other weeds they don’t seem to get bored of it.
I think there are weeds if you look hard enough or if you are organised and sow weed seeds in the autumn and let them do their thing through the winter.