Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Mediterranean Tortoises - Information & Questions (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Hi, all (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=75157)

Lynnie Lou 25-12-2021 06:58 PM

Hi, all

I'm looking to buy an adult female Hermann Tortoise. If anyone has one for sale, please inbox me. Thank you. X

Yvonne G 26-12-2021 05:00 PM

Hi, and Welcome! I hope you stick around and join in our conversations after you find your new tortoise.

Lynnie Lou 26-12-2021 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yvonne G (Post 679929)
Hi, and Welcome! I hope you stick around and join in our conversations after you find your new tortoise.

I'd love to stick around. But unfortunately I left this forum years ago because of someone called Cherry something or other. Bit of a know it all.

sandy 27-12-2021 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie Lou (Post 679928)
I'm looking to buy an adult female Hermann Tortoise. If anyone has one for sale, please inbox me. Thank you. X

You could try the rehoming officer for the British Chelonia Group, as I am sure there are some up for rehoming. I dont have a link, but there must be on on their site:0)

Lynnie Lou 27-12-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandy (Post 679931)
You could try the rehoming officer for the British Chelonia Group, as I am sure there are some up for rehoming. I dont have a link, but there must be on on their site:0)

Thanks, Sandy. I tell you what, I've seen some terrible kept Tortoises on my hunt. A group of three eating peppers, another group just roaming around a house. Honestly, it's angered me greatly.

sandy 27-12-2021 01:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie Lou (Post 679932)
Thanks, Sandy. I tell you what, I've seen some terrible kept Tortoises on my hunt. A group of three eating peppers, another group just roaming around a house. Honestly, it's angered me greatly.

Unfortunately too many inexperienced keepers passing on incorrect into:0( And some who just dont do any research or dont care:0(

Lynnie Lou 27-12-2021 02:37 PM

I've lost count of how many people I've given that plant database too. I nearly got two hermann yesterday but after getting the photos and noticing they were on wood chippings and hay, were eating Broccoli, I declined. The internet makes Tortoise husbandry easy these days.

Gordon 27-12-2021 04:50 PM

Hello again.
I come in peace are you looking to buy or a free rehome as I know where you might have some luck with buying some adults but I think they are farmed.

Lynnie Lou 27-12-2021 09:21 PM

Hi Gordon! :) Hope you're well.

Free or I don't mind paying. Can you inbox me the details please?

Gordon 29-12-2021 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lynnie Lou (Post 679936)
Hi Gordon! :) Hope you're well.

Free or I don't mind paying. Can you inbox me the details please?

How did your road trip go.:)