Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Other Animals (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I'm coming out of retirement (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=15876)

fourtorts 16-05-2008 09:08 PM

I'm coming out of retirement

After being threatened with divorce (i don't think he means it) cos I spend so much money especiailly on my little zoo. i thought it was time to come out of retirement, so my new venture is Doggy Day care and Boarding in my home. I have been granted a license by the local council to board up to four dogs as well as my own . I have my first boarder a 10 month old Westie (can't wait) next friday. All my other animals (Torts, rabbits and chinchillas) live in secure environments and my own dogs are really friendly and are used to seeing lots of other dogs in their home. Two of them are 14 and 13 and are realy chilled and spend a lot of time on the bed. Speaking of beds... as i am offering a home from home service i am wondering how many dogs can actually sleep on a bed with two large adults???? Any advance on four?

linda 16-05-2008 09:11 PM

wishing you great sucess with your new venture :D :D

fourtorts 16-05-2008 09:19 PM

Thank you so much Linda. it is a bit of a risk and i have spent a lot of money on advertising, dog equipment and extra innoculations for the boys. To me it is the perfect job as i love animals especially dogs.
So fingers crossed and.. hey guys anyone in Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire.... Hello :lol: Need your dogs looking after?? :wink:

fourtorts 16-05-2008 09:34 PM

When i put my ad in the local papers i also put in an ad offering free help and advice for tortoises. After looking after the little horsefield (see my post in med torts) I feel very strongly about people buying their torts form petshops and given the wrong advice. I thought i could share the experience i have gained from here and if there are questions i cannot answer I know I can get help and advice from here.

Laraine 16-05-2008 09:37 PM

Good luck with your new venture! :D

70ridgeway 16-05-2008 09:43 PM

great news id love to do something like that but hubby would have a heart attack hope everyting goes well congratulations :D :D

linda 16-05-2008 09:47 PM

perhaps you will get tourists from Yorkshire, Derbyshire and Nottinghamshire using your service if they cannot keep pets at

their holiday accomodation

fourtorts 16-05-2008 09:52 PM

Thanks I never thought of that Linda. I have put posters up wherever i could think of eg vets, pet shops, post offices, even one in tesco's (oops sorry folks). So it' off to the tourist board tomorrow. I'm gonna get a website done in early july when my godson comes to visit.

Eire_Ade 16-05-2008 11:40 PM

Hi Lynne,

Good luck with your new venture.

Ade :wink: