Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Missing/Found/Stolen (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Found (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=45887)

judith ann 29-09-2011 05:51 PM

Found

Thank goodness for the hot weather .:)My daughters tort went missing from the garden two weeks ago but has been found two villages away :)When she went it was cold and i didnt think we would find her if she had dug down for the winter .But the sun bought her out up on the main road :):):):)Now we have to prove to the finder that she is ours as she was too small to chip.:roll:They found her two days ago and have allready taken her to the vets to look for a chip so guess what we will be doing .:):)

Easter Bunny 29-09-2011 05:53 PM

Aww, great news. Hope you get her back very soon.

emma_mcraf 29-09-2011 07:12 PM

Fabulous news! Always good to hear of a tort back home safe and sound. :)

judith ann 29-09-2011 07:47 PM

Just an update on my daughters horsfield called Anoushka ,although the grandchildren call her Noushka .The person that found her ,although we now know it to be male .took her ,sorry him to the vets because he had been hit by a car .It was a minor injury and noushka is now home under his basking lamp in the tort table .The reason for this post is that the vet said that he should of been chipped and that the pet shop we bought him from had no right selling atort that wasnt chipped .He has torts himself and said that they have a special tag for hatchlings !!!Does this mean that my two Hermanns should of been chipped when i bought them from the breeder.I know this subject has been covered before but i thought we just had our torts chipped when they were big enough didnt realise that they had to be chipped on birth .Any enlightment gratefully received .Needless to say Noushka will be taking a trip to the vets to be chipped !!! Judy

TortBabe 29-09-2011 07:48 PM

2 villages away :shock: So glad she has turned up :D

pagan queen 29-09-2011 09:37 PM

Judy, I would post your question about chipping in another section, under it's own title or it may get overlooked. I don't know the ins and outs but what I do know is that torts only need chipping when they reach 100mm. They should have an A10 when you buy them though.

judith ann 29-09-2011 10:25 PM

Have put it under General Discusion but it still doesnt show up Dont know what i am doing wrong can you move it for me Judy

judith ann 29-09-2011 10:37 PM

Have put it under General Discusion but it still doesnt show up Dont know what i am doing wrong can you move it for me Judy

LunaLuz 03-10-2011 10:27 PM

Oh my gosh... that was a long way for her to travel!!!! :shock: So glad to hear that she has been found though and is now home. :)

jeannette37 04-10-2011 09:00 AM

So glad you have him back by the sound of it he sounds like one lucky tort,glad hes home and making a fully recovery,ive had mine chipped just incase he gets lost of stolen :)