Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Silly but serious question lol (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25443)

AdamSoS 21-03-2009 05:50 PM

Silly but serious question lol

I dont mind having a laugh at my self so here it goes lol..

Moved into a new home which has a greenhouse... problem is.. its full of spiders and cob webs!! and.. honest to god i HATE HATE HATE spiders.. cant even walk in there..

( from a bodybuilder & rugby player..go figure lol ) :mrgreen:

So.. any ideas how i can get the sodding things out so i can go in there haha..

I thought using a flowthrower and burning them all :twisted:

One of the spiders must be the size of a bottle lid so no chance im going near that git lol

Feel free to laugh ! :grin:

dugy 21-03-2009 05:54 PM

haha, just get a broom and stand at the door waving it and then the garden hose should wash them out hopefully without killing them!

welshlass22 21-03-2009 06:07 PM

lol i hate spiders too, Gives me goose bumps just talking/thinking about them...Ewww!!

Yeh i'd just get the garden hose and drown them lol!
Just watch you dont flood the greenhouse :lol:

sarah 21-03-2009 06:11 PM

lol you men make me laugh

My dad went into his student house the other day to find a bird in the bedroom, when he was a child he got attacked my birds so is so scared of them. So he put a bucket on his head and went in and openned the window. I so wish i had of been there lol

Sorry doesnt answer your question, but lol

AdamSoS 21-03-2009 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah (Post 269260)

My dad went into his student house the other day to find a bird in the bedroom, when he was a child he got attacked my birds so is so scared of them. So he put a bucket on his head and went in and openned the window. I so wish i had of been there lol

haha that is so funny and so wish there was a video of that!!

Though saying that im sure it will look funny when i attempt a great tide wave in the green house and go in like a crazed mad man trying to get the spiders out!! hehe

When i ask people.. they say...pfft just go in there? im like whaaa??!! SPIDERS DUDE..SPIDERSS!!!!! Nooooooooooooooo way! noooooooo!

sarah 21-03-2009 06:15 PM

lol you wimp get in there.
When you do get someone to video you lol

Mrs Frog 21-03-2009 06:16 PM

get a hosepipe :roll::roll::wink:

sarah 21-03-2009 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stells (Post 269267)
If i was there i would have to trap you in there with them...

Oh evil kelly lol

I like it ha ha

Pretty Penguin 21-03-2009 07:43 PM

http://www.lakeland.co.uk/spider-catcher/F/product/20455?src=gaots&sq=spider%20catcher

I sympathise!

Anna

ME SHELL 21-03-2009 07:49 PM

Awww Adam I couldn't go n there either. I get so scared I come out in a rash. Is there anyone who will go in there for you, I know it is embarressing but I would have to have help :lol:

Bindi 21-03-2009 07:54 PM

I have a spider phobia too, something I've tried and failed to overcome...but then I am a girl :lol::lol:

Jackie suggestion was a good one...you wimp Adam :lol::lol::lol:

dolittle 21-03-2009 08:34 PM

i hate spiders so much i could cry!!! when i was 16 i was in bed and my back kept itching so i looked in the mirror and i had the biggest blackest spider i had ever seen on my back!!!!!!!! i think i cried for a week.

ME SHELL 21-03-2009 08:42 PM

yes I had a huge spider in my dressing gown, it came out of my sleeve. I have neveer screamed to loud. I cried for ages and I came out in an awful rash. I couldn't sleep for weeks and was afraid to sit down anywhere encase one would crawl on me. Even thinking of it now makes me feel quite ill

shootinglou79 21-03-2009 08:46 PM

Hahahahahahahahahahahaha

sorry :oops::-P:lol:

wilsonathome 21-03-2009 09:09 PM

omg! spider stories eewwww now i'll have nightmares :wink:
i wouldn't be able to go in there either
when i 1st moved into this house, the upstairs had been shut off for about 25 years! the old lady lived here only used 1 room downstairs towards the end of her life, it was empty for 3 year before i bought it so you can imagine what i walked into :roll: was sitting here 1 night and i heard the spider before i saw it, massive, i think it had boots on :-D

Evie 21-03-2009 09:47 PM

Good old vacuum cleaner with a very long nozzle .........

Lolly8 21-03-2009 11:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evie (Post 269348)
Good old vacuum cleaner with a very long nozzle .........

......and then make sure you throw the vacuum cleaner away because believe me,you don't want this in your house anymore!:lol::lol::lol:

AdamSoS 21-03-2009 11:26 PM

Some of the comments have been so funny !

Yes in this case i am a huge wimp and im more then happy to admit that LOL!

I was outside looking in,...took a step in and saw this HUGE and i mean HUGE SPIDER..i was like..f*** that! Hence i posted this thread like 20mins after lol.

If i see a spider in the bed room.. ill stamp on the git ( sorry if you like spiders ) but even after that ill be uneasy.. there just so ewwwww!!

I like the vacum idea! tho i would have to throw it into Mount doom ( lord of the ring volcano) haha!!!

No body will help me as they are too busy laughing at me! Any lovley females are more then welcome to help hehe.

Adam

swad1000 22-03-2009 12:29 AM

They aren't going to hurt you so just get in there.

Failing that jet wash it out, gets rid of spiders, cobwebs and dirt all in one go.

trulytortoises 22-03-2009 12:46 AM

are my god theres no way on this earth u wud get me in there with all those spiders, i'am Petrified and i say that with a capital P, infact im actually checking around me as i speak incase theres any around, im sure they sit at my front door n wait for me to open it, i always seem to get them. my gran n grandad used to live in scotland and there was loads of spiders, i would wake during the night seeing a huge spider above my head i used to scream for my grandad who wud then have to get up in the middle of the night get the over out or a shoe n kill it then i could never sleep incase its family came after me. Arrgghh!!!!!!!!!!!

Pretty Penguin 22-03-2009 09:20 AM

It is very, very bad luck to kill a spider....:shock:

Anna

welshlass22 22-03-2009 09:30 AM

Lol TT im like that too. If i kill a spider im always wary of a bigger one coming after me :lol:

I remember once i killed a baby daddy long legs and then a big one was in the same corner about 5mins later.

Wanna know whats soooo wierd..........
I can pick up FLYING daddy long legs and throw em out, buti cant touch or go near daddy long legs or spiders :lol:

dolittle 22-03-2009 04:37 PM

i am waiting for the day a giant spider comes to eat me for all the deaths i have caused by squashing or drowning down the sink!!!!!!!

trulytortoises 22-03-2009 04:41 PM

Lol! i can catch daddy long legs with abit of tissue but couldnt do it with a spider, even if i have to kill them with a shoe it takes me ages to pluck up the courage to go over n get near it with the shoe then wen ive stopped flapping n squashed it i have to leave the shoe on top of it even though its dead i still cant go n pick it up.

Alan1 22-03-2009 05:28 PM

I remember reading of someone who had a terrible noise in their ear and it had gone on for some time before they visited their doctor. It turned out that a spider had crawled into the ear and layed eggs which had eventually hatched :-|

kimmerz 22-03-2009 06:11 PM

I think men who are afraid of spiders are so funny my boyfriend don't like them and one day he opened my backdoor and a spider fell down on his hand never seen him jump so far and hes a rugby player, I had to run after it and catch it before he kicked it. and my old manager at work was afraid too so I made a deal with him which was if he didn't make me change any of the bin bags at work I would catch any spider and put it out side lol

Sylvia1 22-03-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caledonia (Post 269597)
I remember reading of someone who had a terrible noise in their ear and it had gone on for some time before they visited their doctor. It turned out that a spider had crawled into the ear and layed eggs which had eventually hatched :-|

OMG - I'm going to get permanent ear plugs. :shock: I really don't like those big house spiders (you know, the ones the size of a small donkey with big teeth and thick, hairy legs). I keep an empty plastic cotton bud container in my bedroom to catch any because I can't sleep knowing there's one in the room with me. I don't like to kill them though. Daddy long legs are cute and don't bother me in the slightest.

kimmerz 22-03-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylvia1 (Post 269625)
Daddy long legs are cute and don't bother me in the slightest.

Don't know if it's true but I heard daddy long legs were poisonous but there fags are too tiny to puncture anyone or anything.

joanna 22-03-2009 06:23 PM

Sorry Adam but I have laughed my way through this!! Even though I hate spiders too!

A jet wash, powerful hose would work but they'd all be back again the next day :lol:

I remember when other half caught a huge one in a pint glass and flushed it down the loo. The next day I got up and went for a pee, lifted the toilet lid up - and there it was standing on the water! :shock:

dugy 22-03-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmerz (Post 269626)
Don't know if it's true but I heard daddy long legs were poisonous but there fags are too tiny to puncture anyone or anything.

its something like that, or that they dont have a way of injecting the venom.. like no fangs atall!!

unlucky buggers!

anna m 22-03-2009 08:18 PM

Poor old spiders

Alan1 22-03-2009 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylvia1 (Post 269625)
OMG - I'm going to get permanent ear plugs. :shock: I really don't like those big house spiders (you know, the ones the size of a small donkey with big teeth and thick, hairy legs). I keep an empty plastic cotton bud container in my bedroom to catch any because I can't sleep knowing there's one in the room with me. I don't like to kill them though. Daddy long legs are cute and don't bother me in the slightest.

Wow sylvia we also keep an empty cotton bud container for the same reason

welshlass22 24-03-2009 08:22 AM

I remember once i was going up to bed (in the attic bedroom)...and i had realised i left my window open so i closed it (in the dark with no lights on)...and then i heard something crunch. When i put the light on i had caught a HUGE black spider in the handle of the attic window.....All i remember is seeing it...Crying...calling my dad....the spiders leg falling off and then him landing on the floor, thinking which way to run....I was like noooo dont run toward my bed because i'll never find you....But luckily he turned left and fell down the stairs (because theres a banister then when you look over it your looking by the bedroom door, because my stairs bend around)....My dad picked it up in a pint glass and his legs were still hanging out OMG!!....:lol:.....I got goosies just talking and thinking about it...Ewwwww

ME SHELL 24-03-2009 10:10 AM

hahahaha Jo bet he'd never try breaking into your house again :lol::lol:

welshlass22 24-03-2009 10:44 AM

no i havent seen on since thank goodness.

Kim 24-03-2009 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by trulytortoises (Post 269581)
Lol! i can catch daddy long legs with abit of tissue but couldnt do it with a spider, even if i have to kill them with a shoe it takes me ages to pluck up the courage to go over n get near it with the shoe then wen ive stopped flapping n squashed it i have to leave the shoe on top of it even though its dead i still cant go n pick it up.

Thats what I do!! I have one of them spider catchers but it dosent let me stand far enough away! I tried it once and as soon as I caught the spider I dropped the catcher as I was too scared to hold it and the thing ran into a hole ready to come out another day, I didnt sleep that night I had to tuck my pants into my socks before I went to sleep!!

Zen 24-03-2009 09:29 PM

Weve got one of those spider catchers from lakeland, great things to use....except my hubby does it for me, still cant go near them!

I remember putting on my jeans one day, they had been hanging over the bath, anyway i put them on and felt this sharp prick opened the zip and i has been bitten by a HUGE harvest spider, i couldnt get the jeans off quick enough, i was screaming like a banchee, hyperventilating and trying not to vommit at the same time!!! mean while hubby is killing himself on the floor laughing! :evil:
Trouble is i cant bring myself or let any one else kill them....bad karma that, they will come back and get ya! ;)

Good luck though!:razz: i'm afraid i wont be coming to help!

AdamSoS 24-03-2009 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zen (Post 270455)
Weve got one of those spider catchers from lakeland, great things to use....except my hubby does it for me, still cant go near them!

I remember putting on my jeans one day, they had been hanging over the bath, anyway i put them on and felt this sharp prick opened the zip and i has been bitten by a HUGE harvest spider, i couldnt get the jeans off quick enough, i was screaming like a banchee, hyperventilating and trying not to vommit at the same time!!! mean while hubby is killing himself on the floor laughing! :evil:
Trouble is i cant bring myself or let any one else kill them....bad karma that, they will come back and get ya! ;)

Good luck though!:razz: i'm afraid i wont be coming to help!

Ok.. so jeans come off with spiders around...you SURE you dont want to help??? lol.. only kidding haha!

Sadly there still in there.. im debating my move.. im eyeing up putting a hose outside and playing god.. creating a huge tidal wave for the evil evil things!

Hose = long distance = even further distance from me = PERFECT!

I HATE SPIDERS!!!!!!!!! :p

angels1531 24-03-2009 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sarah (Post 269260)

I remember as a child waking up to a bat flying around in our room. We lived out in the stciks in North Scotland, mum came up, opened the window, and 'helped' the poor little thing out with a badminton racket!!!

angels1531 24-03-2009 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dugy (Post 269661)
its something like that, or that they dont have a way of injecting the venom.. like no fangs atall!!

unlucky buggers!

Nope, it's just an urban myth.