Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Silly but serious question lol (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=25443)

Pretty Penguin 22-03-2009 09:20 AM

It is very, very bad luck to kill a spider....:shock:

Anna

welshlass22 22-03-2009 09:30 AM

Lol TT im like that too. If i kill a spider im always wary of a bigger one coming after me :lol:

I remember once i killed a baby daddy long legs and then a big one was in the same corner about 5mins later.

Wanna know whats soooo wierd..........
I can pick up FLYING daddy long legs and throw em out, buti cant touch or go near daddy long legs or spiders :lol:

dolittle 22-03-2009 04:37 PM

i am waiting for the day a giant spider comes to eat me for all the deaths i have caused by squashing or drowning down the sink!!!!!!!

trulytortoises 22-03-2009 04:41 PM

Lol! i can catch daddy long legs with abit of tissue but couldnt do it with a spider, even if i have to kill them with a shoe it takes me ages to pluck up the courage to go over n get near it with the shoe then wen ive stopped flapping n squashed it i have to leave the shoe on top of it even though its dead i still cant go n pick it up.

Alan1 22-03-2009 05:28 PM

I remember reading of someone who had a terrible noise in their ear and it had gone on for some time before they visited their doctor. It turned out that a spider had crawled into the ear and layed eggs which had eventually hatched :-|

kimmerz 22-03-2009 06:11 PM

I think men who are afraid of spiders are so funny my boyfriend don't like them and one day he opened my backdoor and a spider fell down on his hand never seen him jump so far and hes a rugby player, I had to run after it and catch it before he kicked it. and my old manager at work was afraid too so I made a deal with him which was if he didn't make me change any of the bin bags at work I would catch any spider and put it out side lol

Sylvia1 22-03-2009 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caledonia (Post 269597)
I remember reading of someone who had a terrible noise in their ear and it had gone on for some time before they visited their doctor. It turned out that a spider had crawled into the ear and layed eggs which had eventually hatched :-|

OMG - I'm going to get permanent ear plugs. :shock: I really don't like those big house spiders (you know, the ones the size of a small donkey with big teeth and thick, hairy legs). I keep an empty plastic cotton bud container in my bedroom to catch any because I can't sleep knowing there's one in the room with me. I don't like to kill them though. Daddy long legs are cute and don't bother me in the slightest.

kimmerz 22-03-2009 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sylvia1 (Post 269625)
Daddy long legs are cute and don't bother me in the slightest.

Don't know if it's true but I heard daddy long legs were poisonous but there fags are too tiny to puncture anyone or anything.

joanna 22-03-2009 06:23 PM

Sorry Adam but I have laughed my way through this!! Even though I hate spiders too!

A jet wash, powerful hose would work but they'd all be back again the next day :lol:

I remember when other half caught a huge one in a pint glass and flushed it down the loo. The next day I got up and went for a pee, lifted the toilet lid up - and there it was standing on the water! :shock:

dugy 22-03-2009 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kimmerz (Post 269626)
Don't know if it's true but I heard daddy long legs were poisonous but there fags are too tiny to puncture anyone or anything.

its something like that, or that they dont have a way of injecting the venom.. like no fangs atall!!

unlucky buggers!