Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Events/Meetings (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   February 2011 tortoise meeting (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=39862)

justmeandmytortoise 09-12-2010 06:59 PM

February 2011 tortoise meeting

Welcome to the 1st meeting for 2011 :-D.

Just Me and my Tortoise is a voluntary tortoise, terrapin and turtle group that covers the whole of Kent and London and provides support, education and helps rescue and re-home Chelonia. It is free to join us and you do not have to live in the area to come along to our meetings.

Speaker: Chris Newman from REPTA
Sunday 27th February 2011
2pm - 5.30pm

Venue: Keston Village Hall, Heathfield Road, Kent BR2 6BG
£3 per person (£1 per child)
Includes refreshments and cake

Peregrine Livefoods Ltd have a stand and hope to sell items on the day
www.peregrine-livefoods.co.uk

:-D
(Please do not bring tortoises, terrapins or turtles along to the meeting)
Please contact me to book a place or for further details.

jayne2942 09-12-2010 07:29 PM

Do you have any meetings in the west midlands area.
Jayne

justmeandmytortoise 09-12-2010 07:32 PM

No sorry .. we cover Kent and London and people travel as far away as Cheshire, Norfolk, Hampshire etc to attend a meeting they are interested in. :grin: You would always be welcome if there is a particular topic or speaker of interest to you. :-D

Aliza 10-12-2010 05:43 PM

Hello Wendy, what will Chris Newman be talking about?

justmeandmytortoise 11-12-2010 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aliza (Post 428977)
Hello Wendy, what will Chris Newman be talking about?

Not quite sure ... as soon as I know I will post up. :wink:

All speakers have confirmed they will attend for 2011 but no-one has given details of their talk as yet. Will let you know. :-D

Aliza 16-12-2010 04:01 PM

Ok, thanks! :)

EJ 21-12-2010 04:13 PM

How'd you swing that? I'm guessing the talk will either be on the tortoise farms or that one rescue that was closed down... and reopened...

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmeandmytortoise (Post 428841)
Welcome to the 1st meeting for 2011 :-D.

Just Me and my Tortoise is a voluntary tortoise, terrapin and turtle group that covers the whole of Kent and London and provides support, education and helps rescue and re-home Chelonia. It is free to join us and you do not have to live in the area to come along to our meetings.

Speaker: Chris Newman from REPTA
Sunday 27th February 2011
2pm - 5.30pm

Venue: Keston Village Hall, Heathfield Road, Kent BR2 6BG
£3 per person (£1 per child)
Includes refreshments and cake

Peregrine Livefoods Ltd have a stand and hope to sell items on the day
www.peregrine-livefoods.co.uk

:-D
(Please do not bring tortoises, terrapins or turtles along to the meeting)

Please contact me to book a place or for further details.

justmeandmytortoise 07-01-2011 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EJ (Post 431292)
How'd you swing that? I'm guessing the talk will either be on the tortoise farms or that one rescue that was closed down... and reopened...

[/CENTER]

As Geomyda says:

Chris Newman, will be doing a presentation about Tortoise Farming which provides a fantastic account of his investigations into this often controversial subject.

Informed, and brilliantly illustrated, it gives an opportunity for hobbyists to properly understand this phenomenon, which has fuelled much anxious debate on this forum over the past few years.

Looks set to be a great meeting.

EJ 07-01-2011 02:20 PM

So reads like an advert.

It's not a phenomenon. Herpers have been doing this for 20... 30 years. The chelonian community is slowly catching up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by justmeandmytortoise (Post 434902)
As Geomyda says:

Chris Newman, will be doing a presentation about Tortoise Farming which provides a fantastic account of his investigations into this often controversial subject.

Informed, and brilliantly illustrated, it gives an opportunity for hobbyists to properly understand this phenomenon, which has fuelled much anxious debate on this forum over the past few years.

Looks set to be a great meeting.