Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Snow (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74924)

sandy 30-01-2019 04:13 PM

Snow

Thankfully here in my part of Kent we had snow flurries but it has not laid.
Whats it like where you are?

emma_mcraf 30-01-2019 05:52 PM

A sprinkling here this morning. The snow showers came a couple of times this morning but only lasted for a few minutes and then the sun came out and everything thawed, which was just what I wanted! Nothing like last year’s blizzards! :-)
Though of course, there’s time for them yet. Fingers crossed they don’t come!
Snow is so pretty to look at but it’s inconvenient and so messy when it goes slushy.
Not a fan of it here!

tortydat 30-01-2019 06:53 PM

We've had absolutely nothing here Sandy just a very hard frost and icy paths!

emma_mcraf 31-01-2019 07:14 AM

Looks like we’re getting it this afternoon! Hubby and sons will be leaving work early to travel home as we’re rural here and the snow will lay heavily. It’s treacherously icy already! Hubby nearly went over doing the chicken water and food first thing!
Hope everyone stays safe and warm!

sandy 31-01-2019 08:50 AM

The forecast I generally use says no snow today in my area?
So only time will tell:0)

ClareandCo 31-01-2019 09:17 AM

We had a fair bit Tuesday evening (south of London) and a heavy frost last night again. When the sun came out it was a beautiful day as today is. Good that it is now light up until about 5pm.

emma_mcraf 31-01-2019 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sandy (Post 676555)
The forecast I generally use says no snow today in my area?
So only time will tell:0)

It’s coming in from Cornwall, up through Devon and onto Bristol and beyond, which is unusual as it usually comes from the East if it drifts towards us. So we will see. You might be lucky Sandy and miss the whole lot!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClareandCo (Post 676556)
We had a fair bit Tuesday evening (south of London) and a heavy frost last night again. When the sun came out it was a beautiful day as today is. Good that it is now light up until about 5pm.

Loving the slightly longer days, Clare. It’s so nice knowing the days are gradually getting longer, lighter and warmer. It’s Imbolc/Candlemas/St.Bridget’s Day on Saturday (depending on any belief systems/religious leanings), so the first celebration of the waking of the earth and the lengthening days.

sandy 31-01-2019 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma_mcraf (Post 676557)
It’s coming in from Cornwall, up through Devon and onto Bristol and beyond, which is unusual as it usually comes from the East if it drifts towards us. So we will see. You might be lucky Sandy and miss the whole lot!

Loving the slightly longer days, Clare. It’s so nice knowing the days are gradually getting longer, lighter and warmer. It’s Imbolc/Candlemas/St.Bridget’s Day on Saturday (depending on any belief systems/religious leanings), so the first celebration of the waking of the earth and the lengthening days.

I hope we do miss the snow:0)
The days are getting brighter as well as longer, as I have a few of those lights that are solar, and I noticed last night they were shinning brightly for short time:0)

Alan1 31-01-2019 01:29 PM

Nothing with us, just frost. Minus 6 this morning but that's the coldest it's been this winter

emma_mcraf 31-01-2019 03:05 PM

Just rain so far this afternoon, though it’s supposed to turn to snow. I’d rather keep the rain!