Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Surgery (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74960)

Gordon 04-05-2019 10:32 AM

Surgery

Well I had my operation on Tuesday about 10.30 am and was told I would more than likely be home that day, but as we know things never go like we plan and I ended up in intensive care for a night :).
They removed my inflamed gall blader along with its stones and then decide to take a bit of liver that was damaged by the raging infection I had in both over Christmas.
Anyway I'm very sore but home and ok and have to take it easy for six blooming weeks. (Can see that happening )

Suze65 04-05-2019 12:37 PM

Awww poor you, but at least it’s done now, and in a few weeks you will feel so much better. Good job it’s all out. 6 weeks of recovery is a darn sight easier to put up with than what you have been putting up with. So please take it easy. Xx

tortydat 04-05-2019 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordon (Post 676961)
Well I had my operation on Tuesday about 10.30 am and was told I would more than likely be home that day, but as we know things never go like we plan and I ended up in intensive care for a night :).
They removed my inflamed gall blader along with its stones and then decide to take a bit of liver that was damaged by the raging infection I had in both over Christmas.
Anyway I'm very sore but home and ok and have to take it easy for six blooming weeks. (Can see that happening )

Oh goodness Gordon that was quicker than you thought wasn't it? Here's to a speedy recovery and speak soon. Put your feet and get all your girls to wait on you. xx

emma_mcraf 04-05-2019 06:28 PM

Really relieved it’s over for you now Gordon. Sorry you had to have a bit of time in intensive care but I’m sure they made a suitable fuss over you! ;-)
Take it easy and hope everything heals quickly for you. The worst is over. Well done, you! :-)

Suze65 04-05-2019 06:36 PM

I’m sure he charmed all the staff

CherryBrandy 04-05-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Suze65 (Post 676974)
I’m sure he charmed all the staff

What the surgeon!?

oooh wow, hope you are much better Gordon. try Zen Gordon, bit of gin with it it'll be fine you poor thing. CB :-|:?:?

Yvonne G 05-05-2019 04:46 PM

My husband had that surgery. From what I understand, gall bladder trouble is VERY painful. It must be a relief to have it all over and done with. Too bad you had to stay in the intensive care overnight, but thank goodness you're home now!

Gordon 06-05-2019 03:51 PM

Thank you all for your kind words.
I'm in more pain now than I was before :lol::lol::lol:
I'm sure it will get better but my insides still feel like they've been violated I thought key hole didn't include him stuffing his hand in my stomach with a boxing glove on:).

CherryBrandy 06-05-2019 04:36 PM

sounds horrendous. You are a bit like Arnie though. i'll be back stronger ...feel for you CB

emma_mcraf 06-05-2019 06:03 PM

Well, you did have the option of letting us team up and do it for you months ago... ;-) :lol:

That said, really horrible to read you’re in so much pain. Hope they’ve got you on good painkillers. Rest up and get better soon. x