Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   TESCO SELLING TURTLES IN CHINA (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Care for the Wild International (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=21483)

Geomyda 20-10-2008 01:14 PM

Care for the Wild International

www.careforthewild.org
For those who have yet to look at this topic, let me recommend that you look at the attached link, and consider signing their on line petition!
I can say that progress is being made, and high level meetings are taking place with Tesco plc, with a view to getting a review of their tading policies in their Chinese subsidiary.
Care for the wild has got the support of many of the most important field Biologists and Herpetologists in the world, including some of the most eminent for China itself.
However, to make a difference, continued pressure from UK public is very important in order to drive home the message that UK shareholders and Customers are against current trading policies, and they need to be changed.
Let us hope that in an uncertain economic world, we can still make a difference to the global policies of one of our largest retail business's?

Bindi 21-10-2008 01:24 PM

All done! :grin:

Geomyda 21-10-2008 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bindi (Post 224993)
All done! :grin:

Fantastic, only another 2800 approx to go??

Bindi 21-10-2008 07:31 PM

That's not that many :|

shafach 21-10-2008 07:43 PM

All sorted, and i hav emailed 20 mates to do the same...

Zen 21-10-2008 08:22 PM

Filled in, signed, and sent !!!!

Bindi 21-10-2008 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shafach (Post 225063)
All sorted, and i hav emailed 20 mates to do the same...

Good on ya Sha, I shall be doing the same tomorrow....hang on, I don't think I've got 20 mates!!!!:lol:
But I shall send it to the loyal few I do have!! :D:D:D:D

shafach 22-10-2008 06:42 AM

Am sure you have many buddies who will be happy to sign and pass on... had no idea this was happening to the turtles via Tesco...

Beverley 22-10-2008 10:03 PM

I have known about this campaign for a while and for the last year I have stopped shopping in Tescos, I know its not much but at least in my own small way I am trying to do something, I have written to tescos and got some of my friends to do the same, I did not even get a reply :(

Geomyda 23-10-2008 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beverley (Post 225225)
I have known about this campaign for a while and for the last year I have stopped shopping in Tescos, I know its not much but at least in my own small way I am trying to do something, I have written to tescos and got some of my friends to do the same, I did not even get a reply :(

For those who have written, and not received a reply, can you please forward copies of your correspondence to me via pm. As we are attending a meeting at their HQ early next month these will be brought up as an outstanding issue in the agenda!
Thanks