Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Other Animals (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Evie has a broken leg. Update. (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=70891)

pagan queen 29-01-2014 01:24 PM

Evie has a broken leg. Update.

My sons guinea pig has just fallen off Kians lap and her leg is sticking out at an odd angle. We have a vet appointment at 2.45. Kian is very upset.

lonelylayla 29-01-2014 01:26 PM

Oh no :-( Poor little thing must have landed awkwardly, hope all goes well at the vets :smile:

Mrs Frog 29-01-2014 01:26 PM

oh no,I hope that the vet can sort it,its so worrying,my pygmy hedgehog broke his leg years ago on his wheel,thinking of you xxx

emma_mcraf 29-01-2014 01:32 PM

Oh no, poor Evie!! Hope she hasn't broken it, Wendy. x

pagan queen 29-01-2014 01:35 PM

I am feeling a bit angry at the moment. Kian was holding them while I cleaned out the cage but he wasn't paying attention so she jumped off. Can't help being angry with him. He keeps saying it's all my fault and I can't disagree with him. I haven't said anything but I'm biting my tongue.

pagan queen 29-01-2014 01:54 PM

Feeling really stressed. Hate to think of an animal suffering, have a knot in my stomach the size of a football. I'm shaking and just want to cry.

becciwales 29-01-2014 02:02 PM

Oh no. I hope she's ok!
It is very frustrating when they don't concentrate and something happens isn't it?
Keep biting your tongue, you'll feel bad if you shout at him. Sounds like he already knows it's his fault, he'll be punishing himself enough.
Poor Evie, poor you and poor Kian xx

pagan queen 29-01-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by becciwales (Post 630133)
Oh no. I hope she's ok!
It is very frustrating when they don't concentrate and something happens isn't it?
Keep biting your tongue, you'll feel bad if you shout at him. Sounds like he already knows it's his fault, he'll be punishing himself enough.
Poor Evie, poor you and poor Kian xx

It wouldn't be so bad if it was just an accident but he was sitting at his computer playing a game, not holding them at all. I had just told him to take more care of them. He's usually so careful but since Bubble died last week he hasn't given them as much attention.

emma_mcraf 29-01-2014 02:25 PM

I know how hard it is to bite your tongue, but keep doing it Wendy. It is so horrid when animals are injured or ill and I can understand how sick you're feeling. Fingers crossed the vets will be able to do something to help Evie.
I expect Kian is feeling a bit detached from them since losing Bubble. Perhaps he's been scared of them going too. My little man is so matter-of-fact about death. It doesn't seem to phase him at all. He's quite blasé about the whole thing, which I don't much like. :(

I'll be thinking of you this afternoon. x

pagan queen 29-01-2014 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emma_mcraf (Post 630135)
I know how hard it is to bite your tongue, but keep doing it Wendy. It is so horrid when animals are injured or ill and I can understand how sick you're feeling. Fingers crossed the vets will be able to do something to help Evie.
I expect Kian is feeling a bit detached from them since losing Bubble. Perhaps he's been scared of them going too. My little man is so matter-of-fact about death. It doesn't seem to phase him at all. He's quite blasé about the whole thing, which I don't much like. :(

I'll be thinking of you this afternoon. x

Kian is pretty similar Emma. He does the crying bit but then gets over it very quickly and moves on. Almost like he's just going through the motions of what's expected. He gets more bothered by what he might have done wrong. Could he have taken better care of them etc. He's fine now, you wouldn't think anything had happened. I think he has detached from the girls so he hasn't got the responsibility of them any more then he can't blame himself if they die. He's said he doesn't want any more as they are too much work. It's all down to me to look after them now.