Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Breeding and Incubation (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   How do I post photos of my eggs? (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=74208)

Patti 25-09-2016 04:46 PM

How do I post photos of my eggs?

Title says it all. Please help?

Gordon 27-09-2016 03:56 PM

You can email

Patti 27-09-2016 04:28 PM

Thank you so much Gordon. I've been following some of your threads. You know about eggs!
I'll email you this evening or tomorrow morning with the full story of the 8 eggs. BW Patti

CherryBrandy 29-09-2016 10:55 AM

Gordon is eggs say lant re torts period! Can't wait Patti......10.56 ! :):) cant be much longer. its like waiting for eggs to pip ! CB

Patti 29-09-2016 11:44 AM

Aw, bless you Cherry. Alas this batch is not fertile. My old girl Maude, who must be anywhere between 85-95yrs, laid 8 eggs for the first time in August. I have two boys aged over 10, who might have, finally, been able to reach! It's certainly not for lack of practice, over many years!
I do however have high hopes for next year. I'm already replanting my tiny walled garden to give Maude a choice of optimum nesting spots! Also putting a small outdoor basking lamp...you can never predict our summers.
I've become so fascinated with tortoise husbandry breeding.
The incubator is on standby...watch this space.
Really lovely to get to know you all and Gordon is a dream come true.
Gordon, if you read this, I plan to learn a lot from you. I've read the books and everything I can find on the web, but there's nothing like talking with a really knowledgeable person. I believe that's you!

CherryBrandy 29-09-2016 06:30 PM

yes I learnt I had been referring to plantain as planktan for two years which is apparently from bob someone who has square pants or the like who I never watch so not sure where I picked up the reference! Very interesting conversations with Gordon. The books say preserving tortoises, species and location through conservation and breeding is paramount so good luck. I will also add that Patti, or Patti two shoes is a terrific name for a tortoise too, CB

Gordon 29-09-2016 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patti (Post 668501)
Aw, bless you Cherry. Alas this batch is not fertile. My old girl Maude, who must be anywhere between 85-95yrs, laid 8 eggs for the first time in August. I have two boys aged over 10, who might have, finally, been able to reach! It's certainly not for lack of practice, over many years!
I do however have high hopes for next year. I'm already replanting my tiny walled garden to give Maude a choice of optimum nesting spots! Also putting a small outdoor basking lamp...you can never predict our summers.
I've become so fascinated with tortoise husbandry breeding.
The incubator is on standby...watch this space.
Really lovely to get to know you all and Gordon is a dream come true.
Gordon, if you read this, I plan to learn a lot from you. I've read the books and everything I can find on the web, but there's nothing like talking with a really knowledgeable person. I believe that's you!

Wow my head is swelling up thank you.