Shelled Warriors Forums

Shelled Warriors Forums (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/index.php)
-   Rehoming (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   Elongated tortoise (http://www.shelledwarriors.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=46265)

allen23 19-10-2011 09:39 AM

Elongated tortoise

I bought this tortoise naively thinking it was the same as the tortoise I owned previously for 40 years.:cry:I now know he is not.He is a lovely little chap but I do not have the facilities to make his life pleasant and give him the living conditions he needs.I have joined this forum to find out if there is a rehoming centre in Liverpool area.He is about 7 ins long and I believe he is male but I could be wrong.Please do not judge me I will miss him and dont want payment but he deserves more than I can provide.:cry:

egyptiandan64 19-10-2011 12:51 PM

Hi Allen,
No judgement here :) It might though help if you posted your e-mail address as you won't be able to use the PM facility until you have made 5 posts. Also a picture of the tortoise would help greatly.

Danny

SeeShell 19-10-2011 08:21 PM

Good luck Allen. They are lovely torts; better to part with the little guy if you can't properly cater for his needs. I'm not sure that there's many people on here who keep them - good luck finding a home. :razz:
ps did you get hime from a breeder? If so, might the breeder take him back?

THEHANDOFOMEGA 19-10-2011 09:37 PM

Great species. Shame I am banned from homing more. Cant wait to see pics though.

allen23 02-11-2011 10:10 AM

Not good at uploading pics but he is exactly as in the pics,thanks for your replies.I know he originally came from a breeder in Manchester but thats all I know as this species does not require certificates,checked with DEFRA.

Box girl 02-11-2011 08:11 PM

Hi I keep and breed these lovely torts. any chance you could e- mail me a photo? why do you think you could not look after him? I am happy to take you through their needs or could possibly offer a home if necessary, although we do already have a lot of boys if it is one. It is also a long waybfor us as I am not driving at present. Let mecsee if I can help you keep him it does notvrequire that much kit.
Contact mcoleman@asachelt.org
Boys have much largervtails and when in breeding condition red noses!
Quote:

Originally Posted by allen23 (Post 504221)
I bought this tortoise naively thinking it was the same as the tortoise I owned previously for 40 years.:cry:I now know he is not.He is a lovely little chap but I do not have the facilities to make his life pleasant and give him the living conditions he needs.I have joined this forum to find out if there is a rehoming centre in Liverpool area.He is about 7 ins long and I believe he is male but I could be wrong.Please do not judge me I will miss him and dont want payment but he deserves more than I can provide.:cry:

allen23 15-11-2011 12:59 PM

I actually think it is a female but I am not an expert.

Geomyda 15-11-2011 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by allen23 (Post 509580)
I actually think it is a female but I am not an expert.

can you post a picture?

allen23 30-01-2012 11:08 AM

I have photos on my phone but cant find the lead,will try and find it later and see if I can post it up.:smile:

Box girl 30-01-2012 04:28 PM

Look forward to seeing the pics.